Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

Does DHM Work?

I see no movement in the VC like my EzDok setup, what's wrong?  isn't DHM enabled by default?  I click on all the right settings but still no movement :wacko:  :(

Of course it does, all you have to do is configure it.

How else would we receive so much praise for it ?

You must first remove your EZCA, use their configure tool. You can also put back any control settings that were deleted and you may want to use again.

Then decide are you using Live Camera or going for the General DHM. Both need OpusFSX weather to be injected so you won't get anything until you have updated the weather.

Best to consult and read the manuals and guides, the Getting Started Guide, and the LWE Recommended Practices.

If not using Live Camera then configure your General DHM options, enable the VC option at the very least.

If you are planning on using Live Camera then you must first create VC camera views for your aircraft. All DHM and Bump Aircraft turbulence is associated with camera views, normally VC views. These views have to be selected and displayed so you should create a Default view and assign appropriate buttons or key sequences to select or cycle the views.

For the DHM parameters start off with setting all defaults for DHM and AHM. You may need to adjust the Bump Aircraft DOF and Delay Factors on certain aircraft.

Once done, select the camera view, do what you need to do to generate and update the weather (see Recommended Practices), then go fly. The Spy window will tell you what turbulence strength and frequency parameters the LWE has calculated, you will need a non zero turbulence strength to get any turbulent DHM and aircraft motions.

Stephen

Enable Live Camera. Then go to Cameras\DHM button and play to your heart's content. Default is 5 of everything.

EDIT: Doh! Stephen, you posted as I was typing.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Actually, from the version before last, you don't even need to use or access Opus's Cameras to use DHM.

In the main "Configure" page you can simply select DHM to be on in the "VC", meaning it will be on in any aircraft without using the specific Opus Camera functions and views.

As I don't use Opus's Cameras (TrackIR user), I love this new feature  - previously I had to set up 1 camera view in every VC of each aircraft I used, in order to get DHM.

Now it's a one-off "set and forget" in the configure screen;    love it. 

Oh and it works fantastically, the best DHM effect out there and I've tried 'em all!

Well I'm damned! I've been so used to installing the latest beta and not seeing any differences, I stopped looking! "That boy at the back, PAY ATTENTION!" :lol:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

The enhancements for each Beta or Release are described in the OpusFSX/OpusFSX_Release_Notes.txt and also on the SimForum Announcement topic, so you can check this topic before deciding whether you wish to upgrade to the new version or not.

Cheryl :smile: