Sign in to follow this  
DarkstarF16

FPS - Unlocked? Limited? Or Limited externally.

Mathijs - why 39 ?

Does it supported by some calculation or relation between frames and frequency in ur monitor ?

I always use NVIDIA inspector limiter, FSX limiter does not work well for my rig.

Artur 

I set to unlimited. If I set to 30fps I get around 22fps. If i set to unlimited I get around 40fps. Some very minor stutters occasionally but overall it's smooth.

I find the internal FSX limiter provides the smoothest results. I am told that with Nvidia Inspector VSync set to half the frame refresh rate, and a monitor with a refresh rate frequency of 60 ( i.e. 60Hz ), the frame rate limiter should be set to exactly half of 60...therefore 30 frames per second ( not 29, not 31, but exactly 30 ).

No doubt, somebody with more technical knowledge will now beat me to death with a geek stick, but the 'Internal limiter 30 / Vsync half frame refresh rate' combination gives me the best performance I have experienced.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I havent found the sweet spot at all in P3D2 with my system. Right now i have medium settings and 1920X1200 HD2048.My fps in EGLL is 20-23fps windowed and about 15 fps in fullscreen. Over London i have 25 fps. IN FSX i have 30-40 FPS Vsync on in windowed mode on Very Dense with uk2000 and FTXEngland in the Lancair HD

So using a limiter is out of the order Right now. Need a booster first. Please test with default Baron in London

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Mathijs - why 39 ?

Does it supported by some calculation or relation between frames and frequency in ur monitor ?

I always use NVIDIA inspector limiter, FSX limiter does not work well for my rig.

Well I use a 32" TV at 59Hz, i tried a serveral settings but locked at 31, 33, 34 fps gives me stutters, so I tried a higher lock at 39 FPS and this works perfect and ultra smooth. But i don't know why this works great on my system.

Until I got my Titan I would have agreed with the internal limiter but it is truly awful with the Titan (on my rig anyway)

I now have it externally limited by using DXTORY and Vsync on 1/2 in NVI. Absolutely rock-solid at 30 everywhere now. Was about 14-18 with it limited to 30 by FSX (and less than 10 at some heavy payware fields)

jake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg