Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Crash To Desktop (CTD) - MSVCR100.dll

Is this an issue with RAAS or Prepar3D v2? Have exactly the same problem, and the only addon installed over the vanilla v2, is Airbus X Extended, which includes a locked copy of RAAS.

It's the only addon that I own and would dearly love to enable RAAS for this marvellous AC.

Apologies for the thread hijack.

The MSVCR100.dll belongs to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 package.  MSV 2010 was installed by LH if not already found on your system and is required for the proper installation of P3DV2.  MSV 2010 is also used by PMDG since the PMDG 737NGX.  So, the problem could be with any of those programs. You had a runtime software exception (0x40000015) which means something is not installed correctly.  It could be RAAS and you can test that by disabling the module through the dll.xml as Bill (n4gix).  I think it is in your P3DV2 installation.  I would uninstall/reinstall (if disabling RAAS does not work). 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

In my experience it is not related to RAAS, or any other add-on. It happened here after a clean install, minimized and with AI traffic. Although LM doesn't agree (yet) it seems it has everything to do with AI traffic, be it default or add-on. The reason I hold on to this is because the error occurs faster during day time than during night hours (in the sim). I'm no expert at all, but it looks like something internal in P3D happens when a AI plane enters the scene (gets active) and causes the error.

Many thanks for the replies gents, much appreciated. OK, this is what is happening.

Fresh install of Win7 with updates + installs of MSV 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012.

Fresh install of P3D v2 + FSX

RAAS works fine in FSX, no CTD

RAAS causes runtime software exception (0x40000015) when enabled in P3D v2. When I disable the dll RAAS entry as per Bill's post, no more runtime exception CTD.

From this, I can only assume that RAAS is causing the issue and is not fully compatible with P3D v2 or legacy mode for that matter?

The funny thing is, the CTD ONLY happens when the sim tries to reload following an aircraft crash, overstress or water splash.

System specs: 2600k i7 @ 4.6 Ghz, GTX Titan GFX, 16Gb of Corsair Dominator.

I confirm, it's caused by RAAS in Prepar3d v2.2. I tried it with an old installation and a new one. It's definitely caused by that plugin. I don't know if it's an issue related directly to RAAS, or an incompatibility between P3D and RAAS. It can be replicated with RAAS related entry inside dll.xml, switching Disabled entry from False to True, and back. Click on Reset link in Flights menu. Voilà... the issue is replicated for further investigation.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Prepar3d General Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I had this same crash (on closing prepar3d) with a pretty vanilla 2.3 install (even with nothing in dll.xml etc).. however it cycles between the dll in this thread and atc.dll and generic net framework exceptions (pretty bare bones windows 8.1 U1 x64 install as well).

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I just got this error the day before yesterday too (finally)! So far, I have fixed it by making sure my P3D and/or FSX folder is shared and every sub-folder. I also make sure any addons, like ASN located in separate folders are shared. Sharing is easy. Just go to the folder, right click it and select properties. Once open, click on sharing and make sure it is shared (if not, it will state Not Shared). Click on Advanced sharing and then click on Share, click on Apply and close. I have flown several flights since getting my error a couple of days ago. Sharing all falls in line with Microsoft Visual C++2010 which the developers used to make sure their product was installed properly. If it is not, then the product will fail. The issue is finding the product that failed. Many of the addons, like RAAS and ASN need to connect through a network to communicate and, if the product is not shared, it most likely will fail.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

At least in my case, sharing didn't help with the crashes.

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Really strange the sharing fix works for one but not for others....

Hope you are able to find a fix.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

My CTD from this issue was caused by trying to adjust/delete cameras from the camera.cfg file.  Replaced what was deleted within the cameras.cfg file and viola` back to normal.