Sign in to follow this  
drewsaw2

Virtuali Addon Manager

I just picked up Flightbeam KIAD which comes with the addon manager by virtuali. I noticed it sets up global teaks within the software and applies it to all FSX sceneries, however, I don't really want it messing with my pristine cfg. file. Is there a way to disable this? 

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

If you leave it as it is, it should not change anything unless you click apply 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I hate that addon manager.  a few days ago I received a message in-sim about an update and it ruined my setup.  I now get random crashes sometimes on fsx startup.  I should have said NO to the update....I hate that freaking addon manager crap. :angry:

I hate that addon manager. a few days ago I received a message in-sim about an update and it ruined my setup. I now get random crashes sometimes on fsx startup. I should have said NO to the update....I hate that freaking addon manager crap. :angry:

And I suppose you haven't reached out for support? I dont see any posts on their forum with your name asking for assistance. Rather than spend time complaining, why not seek help from the developer so you can go back to enjoying your sim? Spreading negative energy wont make it magically better, getting support will however.

It's most likely something simple as is usually the case. Sometimes as easy as downloading the latest version of Addon Manager, temporarely turning off your virsus scanner, installing AM, then turning back on your security software.

On the record i've been using FSDT and Cloud9 products for years and never had any issues with it or their support.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I hate that addon manager. a few days ago I received a message in-sim about an update and it ruined my setup. I now get random crashes sometimes on fsx startup. I should have said NO to the update....I hate that freaking addon manager crap. :angry:

And I suppose you haven't reached out for support? I dont see any posts on their forum with your name asking for assistance. Rather than spend time complaining, why not seek help from the developer so you can go back to enjoying your sim? Spreading negative energy wont make it magically better, getting support will however.

It's most likely something simple as is usually the case. Sometimes as easy as downloading the latest version of Addon Manager, temporarely turning off your virsus scanner, installing AM, then turning back on your security software.

On the record i've been using FSDT and Cloud9 products for years and never had any issues with it or their support.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I opened a ticket with flightbeam because my sim is now lagging quite a bit. Really hope it's an easy solution to reverse it. 

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

Guys if you need support for Addon Manager, you need to go support here: FSDreamteam.com

If you need support for Flightbeam Scenery, you go here: Flightbeam.net

Addon manager doesn't "mess" up your config when you install. I agree with the user above, please don't post false info, simply ask us for support which we are giving you. 

support@flightbeam.net

I removed it.  He only had 3 posts so think he made a major mistake when trying to quote a post.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10