Sign in to follow this  
Azone

Vector road lights always on?

When using FTX Global on it's own you have the option of turning them off but now that I installed NRM they are always on. Is there a way to turn them off?

I don't see the difference on my machine so I would rather not lose the FPS.

I can uncheck the box but after you hit apply it checks the box automatically.

Why is the check box there for the lights if you cannot uncheck it?

Try switching over to FTX DAY mode. This usually disables street lights. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Try switching over to FTX DAY mode. This usually disables street lights.

How do you switch to day mode?

If it's Orbx the install will never go smoothly so shortcuts that should appear never will.

There should be a desktop shortcut to day and night mode….if not then try searching for it.

Open the start menu and type "FTX Day". If you want to go night flying, type in "FTX Night". These aren't configuration panels by the way, they're just shortcuts that activate or disable lighting. So it's perfectly normal if all you see is "FTX Lights are set to DAY mode and now disabled".

Thanks,

Kevin L

I got my answer on Orbx, there were no icons on my desk top or the start menus. I had to go into scripts(orbx) and make my own from the Day exe.... Nice of them to leave out that little bit of instruction on all of their manuals. They always assume everyone has done it before. This was the first region I purchased.

No need to make harsh assumptions. ORBX has excellent support. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

And, make sure you downloaded and installed the latest Object libraries.  Once you install that, I think that will also put the icons on your desktop.....I think.  It's been awhile since I installed FTX Global.

Safe Flyin'

Rod

Rod Beck

No need to make harsh assumptions. ORBX has excellent support. 

It wasn't an assumption it was a fact.

And, make sure you downloaded and installed the latest Object libraries.  Once you install that, I think that will also put the icons on your desktop.....I think.  It's been awhile since I installed FTX Global.

Safe Flyin'

Rod

No re-installing the library didn't add the needed icons, it did get rid of the extra  FTX Global one that appeared in FTX Central though.

Could you please be nicer when you ask for support? 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Could you please be nicer when you ask for support?

lol

Do I have to say "pretty please with sugar on top" Funny how you post something over there and every one ignores your question because they think the answer is obvious but then finally it's revealed it was their mistake for not including the info.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/69244-vector-road-lights-always-on/#entry637113

No, it's just your attitude. You're expecting full support for an issue within 15 minutes and then you start insulting ORBX support. They make quality products that, like all other products, have some minor bugs. As far as I know, you're the first person to have come across this issue with an ORBX product. By the way, they include all necessary info in their manuals. Who's going to include a paragraph of code in their manuals for an undiscovered issue? 

Thanks,

Kevin L

No, it's just your attitude. You're expecting full support for an issue within 15 minutes and then you start insulting ORBX support. They make quality products that, like all other products, have some minor bugs. As far as I know, you're the first person to have come across this issue with an ORBX product. By the way, they include all necessary info in their manuals. Who's going to include a paragraph of code in their manuals for an undiscovered issue?

15 minutes was 16 hrs before anybody from Orbx posted on the thread. Yet you can plainly see that Orbx staff were working the forum that night.

I like their products but their service needs a little tweaking. I don't know what you have crawling up your backside that makes you so irate perhaps you should seek help for that issue.

and no this issue was 100 % left out of all their manuals as confirmed by Holdger.

"

good point about the lack of documentation, our apologies for the confusion. The Day/Night switchers were added later than the initial release of NRM (and then delivered to all regions via an Orbx Libraries update) and thus are not in the older manuals while the newer regions (SAK, NZNI, etc.) explain the switches in their respective manuals. Not sure how to best provide this information in a manner that's easy to find for new customers but something worth thinking about."

15 minutes was 16 hrs before anybody from Orbx posted on the thread. Yet you can plainly see that Orbx staff were working the forum that night.

Hope you realise  that  they got other  jobs  to do, not like  they spend 24/7  on the forums and there are other  users   posting issues  as well. So give  them a chance  to respond  to your   issue  than expecting  them to respond  with in a minute of  posting your issue. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg