Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

Misplaced Textures

I purchased FTX Global last night and since downloading and installing I have had nothing but trouble. I am really disappointed with this addon so far, not only is the installation process not easy - but when it has installed correctly (as it says) my FSX scenery is turned over on its back and this effect comes through:

Please note, this is on a FRESH new install of FSX, not running DX10.

2013-12-7_1-22-37-916_zps1898b23f.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am literally pulling my hair out with this!!

Not sure how you can say the install is "not easy". It's simply a question of download...unzip to the desktop...click the installer...follow the instructions. Never had any problems!

But to correct the errors...have you downloaded and installed the latest Orbx libs? They are on their website and the advice is to always add these after a new install.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Did another clean install, installed the libs straight after installation and nothing - still the same effect as before!

Well, you can at least write what was the problem, and how you fix it.   <_<

You are having the same problem too?

All I did was install it, added the Libs as adolph suggested - but I fished around the ORBX forums looking for a similar topic, and found this: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/66432-water-on-land-altered-scenerey/?hl=%2Bftx+%2Bglobal+%2Bissue

Look at post #5, that is where I found the solution. Hope this helps.

Regards

No, I just think it's a good idea to share how you fix a problem, for other people to see. Maybe someone will find it useful.

"go to => C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

there you should find the scenery.cfg file, open this with notepad and check the the entry looks as I have added, especially the Texture_ID

[Area.001]
Title=Default Terrain
Local=Scenery\World
Texture_ID=1
Layer=1
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

make sure the entries are set as indicated and the issue should be resolved, apologies for the inconvinience"

Thanks for sharing what you did to correct your problem.

Also, when you uninstall FSX, there is still FSX data on your computer, i.e. possibly in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX, and in your C:\Users\(Your Windows Account Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.  If you don't go in and manually delete them, after your uninstall, and before reinstall, you may encounter those type of problems.

FTX Global is pretty easy to install, I don't understand how it's not easy.

Safe Flyin'

Rod

Rod Beck

Thanks for sharing what you did to correct your problem.

Also, when you uninstall FSX, there is still FSX data on your computer, i.e. possibly in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX, and in your C:\Users\(Your Windows Account Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.  If you don't go in and manually delete them, after your uninstall, and before reinstall, you may encounter those type of problems.

FTX Global is pretty easy to install, I don't understand how it's not easy.

Safe Flyin'

Rod

Not a problem. 

I followed the PMDG uninstall/reinstall strictly to the book. Deleted every folder related to FSX. I've done it so many times now I've lost count!. In a way, its a good job FTX Global messed up FSX in the first place - as I originally had it installed in Program Files (x86). So now I have it in the correct place C:\Flight Simulator X (custom folder). 

I guess I over exaggerated by saying it wasn't easy to install - once everything worked out ok in the install it wasn't a problem. I take back those words "installation process is not easy". 

Ciaran.......Glad everything worked out.  Yeah, you're right about where you install FSX.  Since having my WIN 8 system ( a year now), it is definitely important to install FSX in different folder other than the default.  Matter of a fact, any program that I use for FSX, I try to install in a directory other than under C:/Program Files (x86).

Again, good to hear it worked out for you.

Safe Flyin'

Rod

Rod Beck