Sign in to follow this  
hollow1slo

Greetings from Switzerland XP10

The correct procedure would be to start with all the settings at the lowest (in the rendering options, there's a button called "set all rendering options for maximum speed" for that) and then work your way up from there.

Thank you so much for that!  

Cheers,

Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I think those are some of the most realistic FS screens I have seen outside of photoscenery!

Would I be allowed to post some Swiss photoscenery pics from P3D here or would that be uncouth?

Well, that would be an apples to oranges comparison since the screenshots in the first post are not photoscenery but syntethic scenery. That being said, I think a comparison would be interesting keeping in mind the above.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Simply stunning shots...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Can't wait to load xpx on my new system build to see how things are with new hardware.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Fantastic shots!

Really - and i am still a FSX user most of the time!

I am very, very interested in X-Plane though as a potential successor for my FSX (i have not decided yet if it will be P3D.2 or XP - or both ... so)

... but great shots such as these help a lot to let XP potentially become my prime future flightsim!

Cheers, Christoph

How difficult is making photoscenery for XP? I have some very good Switzerland photoscenery source at 50cm or less and have converted it to P3D. But it is very easy to use with programs like FS Earth Tiles that pretty much do it all for you.

So, if I were to get XP and want to do the same with Swtizerland:

1- how easy is it? is it automated somewhat?

2- Will it support autogen buildings an trees on top of the photoscenery? Does it do this automatically or is this an extra tedious step like in P3D?

How difficult is making photoscenery for XP? I have some very good Switzerland photoscenery source at 50cm or less and have converted it to P3D. But it is very easy to use with programs like FS Earth Tiles that pretty much do it all for you. So, if I were to get XP and want to do the same with Swtizerland: 1- how easy is it? is it automated somewhat? 2- Will it support autogen buildings an trees on top of the photoscenery? Does it do this automatically or is this an extra tedious step like in P3D?

I'm not a scenery developer, so I can just give you some links that could be useful:

http://scenery.x-plane.com/library.php

http://www.x-plane.com/support/manuals/wed/

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Absolutely superb shots.

I was also flying the JAR Designs A320 in Switzerland last week - practicing night time approaches into airports in the Alps. Great fun.

XP is getting more and more of my simming time nowadays. I'd urge everyone to take a look at it as it's really coming along nicely with addons like SkyMaxx Pro and the new HD Mesh V2. I think we have probably reached the limit of what can be done with FSX - as users try and cram more and more addons into the existing 32bit code it's going to creak and eventually collapse under its own weight. P3Dv2 might be a way forward, but when the much needed 64bit version arrives everybody is going to find their extensive addon libraries are going to be incompatible.

With XP10 64bit is right here, right now. It's about as future proof as anyone could want - you know whatever addon you buy today or tomorrow is going to be good for at least until XP11 arrives. It's being actively developed - albeit very slowly - and will get new features and improvements based on user feedback. XP addon developers are now getting into their stride and there's some really interesting and exciting stuff becoming available.

I think like a lot of dyed in the wool FSX-ers I tried XP10 last year and then went back to FSX as it didn't hit the spot. Here we are at the end of 2013 and XP10 is tantalisingly close to hitting the spot - without blurries, without OOMs and without endless tweaking.

Absolutely superb shots.

I was also flying the JAR Designs A320 in Switzerland last week - practicing night time approaches into airports in the Alps. Great fun.

XP is getting more and more of my simming time nowadays. I'd urge everyone to take a look at it as it's really coming along nicely with addons like SkyMaxx Pro and the new HD Mesh V2. I think we have probably reached the limit of what can be done with FSX - as users try and cram more and more addons into the existing 32bit code it's going to creak and eventually collapse under its own weight. P3Dv2 might be a way forward, but when the much needed 64bit version arrives everybody is going to find their extensive addon libraries are going to be incompatible.

With XP10 64bit is right here, right now. It's about as future proof as anyone could want - you know whatever addon you buy today or tomorrow is going to be good for at least until XP11 arrives. It's being actively developed - albeit very slowly - and will get new features and improvements based on user feedback. XP addon developers are now getting into their stride and there's some really interesting and exciting stuff becoming available.

I think like a lot of dyed in the wool FSX-ers I tried XP10 last year and then went back to FSX as it didn't hit the spot. Here we are at the end of 2013 and XP10 is tantalisingly close to hitting the spot - without blurries, without OOMs and without endless tweaking.

Well said.

Matej Stavanja

Absolutely superb shots.

In X-Plane 10, you still have blurries in the far distance but only if you fly above 18000ft with a sky clear. This is a limit from the developers to have high fps and a smooth sim.

At the beginning, I found it very annoying, but if the sky below is cloudy, you don't even notice it.

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

vpa055.png

Again.. the photos that shook the FS world- well they shook my FS World to be sure.

Just a bump as this is a very informative thread with some good info from those "in the know" about XP10.

Thanks hollow1slow.. you've created a monster..