Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

How much VRAM does P3D v2 use on your system ?

Very well done test Rob.

I am curious if P3D v2 also has a working SLI in the 2d cockpit without gauges or spotplane view like FSX.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

VRAM usage from FSDT JFK2, bad weather.

*expletive* that Titan of yours Rob is still just ticking over. (Another expletive deleted lol) if mine gets to 50% I think it's gone to sleep :)

Interesting to see the 3.1GB memory usage! I've tried to get mine above 2.8Gb on a 3 gig card and it seems to have limits. I'm sure they have programmed something in so the memory is managed to the VRAM available. Silly statement, of course they would. Doh!

this is the result of a dual core ATI 6990 4GB memory which only uses one of its core and only 2GB of memory, leaving Seattle 

zpad.jpg

I am curious if P3D v2 also has a working SLI

SLi/Crossfire utilization is not available in P3DV2 yet, LM indicated v2.1 will utilize SLi/Crossfire.

if mine gets to 50% I think it's gone to sleep :)

Interesting ... I have frames locked at 30 fps in P3DV2 - I don't really set anything significant in nVidida Inspector ... have only used P3DV2 settings (not touched the Prepard3D.cfg).

SLi/Crossfire utilization is not available in P3DV2 yet, LM indicated v2.1 will utilize SLi/Crossfire.

Interesting ... I have frames locked at 30 fps in P3DV2 - I don't really set anything significant in nVidida Inspector ... have only used P3DV2 settings (not touched the Prepard3D.cfg).

FSX does also officially not support SLI , but it does in certain situations it does.

Therefore I am curious if someone have an SLI setup can test it with P3D as its roots are the same as those of FSX.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Which apps are you using to measure the vcards RAM usage?

Process Explorer 

See my response above #15 http://forum.avsim.net/topic/428503-how-much-vram-does-p3d-v2-use-on-your-system/?view=findpost&p=2876042

FSX does also officially not support SLI , but it does in certain situations it does.

Support and Utilize are two different concepts when it comes to SLi/Crossfire.  When I say Utilize, I mean the GPUs are involved earlier in the pipeline sharing processing duties ... this doesn't happen in FSX nor P3D.  That's where we see 50-80% fps improvements.

But I'm curious what specific situations does SLi work with FSX?  I've seen some posts regarding it's usage, but most turned out to be false positives and there was really only a slight benefit in the processing of certain type of AA.

Hi, just got a 760 board with 4gb and here is what I am using.\

1. ORBX

2. Scenery maxed

3. Clouds Maxed at 80mi

4. Water high

5. shadows - high - user and external objects (cast and allow), terrain - allow, buildings cast,

6. HDR

7. Vans RV

This is basically what I have. I do not have the computer on so there could be a few other options but I am using 3.2gb.

This is a useful thread.  I have yet to purchase a new vid card and was inclined to a 780, 3GB.  But with some reporting vram in excess of 3 gb, I'm now starting to consider stepping up to a Titan, espcecially considering my plan to use multiple monitors.  Expensive.

This is a useful thread.  I have yet to purchase a new vid card and was inclined to a 780, 3GB.  But with some reporting vram in excess of 3 gb, I'm now starting to consider stepping up to a Titan, espcecially considering my plan to use multiple monitors.  Expensive.

Titan is a monster. I saw one they had out at Fryes when I got this v-card. You could starve yourself for a week or so that might save a little money.

bob

With my GTX560Ti w/ 1Gb of VRAM I use exactly...

Wait for it...

1Gb of VRAM (regardless of settings).

:lol:

You can definitely see what DX11 does for it:

Titan

3-1920 x1080 monitors @ 5880 x 1080 with bezel correction enabled and an auxiliary 1024 x 768 display centered under the 3 for gauges, teamspeak PFPX etc

I've hit 4GB video mem usage with everything maxed just to see what would happen (5-9 FPS unusable if you're curious) With this + FTXG + REX at a FSDT airport VAS usage was about 1.9 GB

After tweaking things down I settled for unlocked FPS and framerates of 30-45 depending on where/what I fly.

On the X-plane side of things you can gobble up all 6 gigs of video memory if you want as well. Anyone that says there is no use for such a card with so much video memory is lying :)

The point is, P3D is scalable. It eats VRAM for snacks. You can try out the new features and do short flights which simply makes the taste buds explode. For the first time however, there isn't a boundary. Just because you can't run all the features today does not mean you've hit the limit.

You just have to scale things down a bit. Even scaled down however, it's like having sliders on FSX which are three times as big.

Am I exaggerating saying they are three times as big?

The point is, P3D is scalable. It eats VRAM for snacks. You can try out the new features and do short flights which simply makes the taste buds explode. For the first time however, there isn't a boundary. Just because you can't run all the features today does not mean you've hit the limit.

You just have to scale things down a bit. Even scaled down however, it's like having sliders on FSX which are three times as big.

Am I exaggerating saying they are three times as big?

I think we need more time to let things iron out and give the LM dev's a chance to work out some of the bugs before we can really say "this is it". I think the HDR and shadows and the other new stuff needs a little bit of work in order to "optimize" the graphics end of the sim. It will get there but it is a little early right now.

Bob