Sign in to follow this  
emann072

FSX slew mode

Hi,

ok my new system is up and running and slowly going through the installations...up to now FSX is loaded and working fine except for one issue....each time I hit the slew key the aircraft goes running wild everywhere...I believe this had to do something with the controls and my yoke and throttle are disabled in fsx as I use fsuipc to calibrate...

now can someone offer some help to direct me to a solution to this please.

regards,

emann

My Slew mode has always done this as well. I just gave up and dont use it. The aircraft doesn't go wild, it just shoots off in whatever direction its facing.

I press Control+K (which disables the stick) then Y. Then to exit Slew, I do Y then control K. Works for me!

Dave

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

You probably just need to adjust one of the Axis on your joystick. Go into slew mode then adjust your Axis's and you'll see how the slew is affected by it, and be able to adjust it so it is stable in slew mode.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

but my controls in fsx are not enabled since I use fsuipc to calibrate and send all data to the simulator.....so are the axis still affected in slew mode if yoke and throttle are not enabled?

tks

Might be worth giving Slew Assist a try from FSwidgets.com. It's a slew utility tool. I find it gives me more control that using keys, (you use sliders to move the aircraft in any possible slew direction).

They do a 20 minute limit demo to trial - so even if you're not interested in buying, if you have the same problems when using Slew Assist, as you do without it, it would indicate a hardware problem, and if not, might mean the problem has a more subtle origin?

Even though Slew Assist doesn't do anything I couldn't do by other methods, I find the convenience of it worth the purchase price ($19.95).

Eugene

In FSUIPC go to joystick calibration and then select the slew mode tab, it's either the last or very nearly the last tab. From there you can set the centre null zone just like you can with the 'normal' axis.

Make sure your control axis are disabled in SLEW mode, that was my problem, I kept forgetting that they were still enabled in slew mode.

Asus Maximus Hero XI , i7-8086, 16 Gb RAM, nVidia GTX 1080 ti

This happens to me but if i just move the joystick on each axis, the aircraft stops and I can then use it for positioning.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

hi wardp, where do i find the slew axis please...is it in the controls section of fsx options....

tks

Yes, it's in the FSX controls menu. Just make sure to delete slew axis for all devices you have and that will solve your problem. Honestly, that's the very first thing I do when I install fresh FSX

I agree with the post above.

Delete ALL axis assignments in the "SLEW" mode section of the FSX Controls menu.

Use the NumPad keys to move in the horizontal plane. The "Q" and "A" keys in the vertical.

This offers a much more precise method of positioning your aircraft.

BTW, Avsim is PAINFULLY slow today. A result of the recent upgrade???

I tried replying to this thread a bit ago but the system just too long to respond!

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

I tried replying to this thread twice THREE TIMES now and the system just kept doing 'nothing' after it

spun it's wheels for awhile. This is the fourth attempt to post in this forum!

Something is very wrong with Avsim today. It takes forever for a page to load.

Could thisa be a result of the recnt 'upgrade"??

All the other forums I visited this morning load instantly!

I give up trying to add a reply to the thread here!

Paul

EDIT: Well this post FINALLY made it, plus the original reply to this thread. Of course

there doesn't appear to be a 'delete' option so this post will remain!

Wide-5.jpg

I agree with the post above.

Delete ALL axis assignments in the "SLEW" mode section of the FSX Controls menu.

Use the NumPad keys to move in the horizontal plane. The "Q" and "A" keys in the vertical.

This offers a much more precise method of positioning your aircraft.

BTW, Avsim is PAINFULLY slow today. A result of the recent upgrade???

I tried replying to this thread a bit ago but the system just too long to respond!

Paul

I have deleted all Axis assignments in native FSX.  I left the keyboard assignments for now.

What now?

Go back to FSUIPC4 and assign stuff for the SLEW controls?

Should I delete all of the keyboard assignments too in native FSX?

Thanx!

Zeddock