Sign in to follow this  
Swe_Richard

X-plane 10 coming to Steam...(?)

I just put my stamp of approval. Steam could definitely boost the userbase with one holiday sale. 

I just put my stamp of approval. Steam could definitely boost the userbase with one holiday sale. 

I got to say I was quite surprised to see X-plane on the Steam webpage. Judging by the comments people seem to approve the idea. It could really raise awareness and thus increase the X-plane usebase. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

That's one huge download (if you want all the scenery)

That's one huge download (if you want all the scenery)

Im willing to bet you will pay per region........Sound idea if you ask me.....

Im willing to bet you will pay per region........Sound idea if you ask me.....

thats not that bad if they it gets the price down. will make people want to try xplane more without losing alot of money and they can always purchase more regions. 

Finally! 

But. If this does indeed draw a larger crowd, they should realize that basic things they have....... Not gotten around to, lets say....... Are going to be more and more requested by people who are going to expect a certain level of commercial polish.......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

finally maybe now 3rd party devs will start creating new payware because of the millions of players on STEAM...this is huge for XP10.

I gave it my vote.  I'll be honest, actually having to order and wait for shipping on a physical product has thus far kept me from ordering X-Plane.  And I'll double that sentiment if I take into account all the 'whim' based purchases I've made, triple that if I count all the 'whim' based purchases I've made on Steam...

Add in a holiday sale.... man, I wouldn't be able to resist at all!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Finally! 

But. If this does indeed draw a larger crowd, they should realize that basic things they have....... Not gotten around to, lets say....... Are going to be more and more requested by people who are going to expect a certain level of commercial polish.......

The Steam comments below x 10,000

"this simulator is the worst excuse for one that i have ever seen. The planes look nothing like thay did in the trailer, all the engines sound exactly the same. nothing is interactive in the cockpits, and they make you buy the separate areas, so you only can fly in a box of about 50 miles."

"I am sure i have a x planes game on my iphone acually i have 5 there awesome proberbly the best iphone sim i can not wait for pc"

Reading thru some of the comments there are a number of people who didn't know it existed or wanted it, but only if it could be in thier Steam Library.

The Steam comments below x 10,000

Ah, if they can find a market for the train simulators on Steam, in theory flight simulators should work as well!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

From what I've read Steam has over 65 million registered users. Putting a flight sim front and centre of the screens of that many people can't be a bad thing for the hobby.

The only fly in the ointment is how many addon developers would be prepared to put their stuff up on Steam and not the .org or X-Aviation?

My first thought was 'damn that's a big download', the 'how the hell are they going to handle the scenery' and finally 'what about the copy protection issues'

I'd say quite a few hurdles to overcome before steam picks up XPX. :)

'damn that's a big download', the 'how the hell are they going to handle the scenery'

There are already games on Steam that weigh in at around 30GB. As others have stated above, it will likely be split into regional sceneries like they already have available on disk.

'what about the copy protection issues'

They can manage it the same way as every other game on Steam i.e. use Steam's built in DRM.

The copy protection that comes with the retail version of XP10 on optical media is already woefully poor, though to be fair is totally free of any form of online activation and all the headaches that eventually brings.