Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Bring FSX 172 to P3D?

Do I just copy the aircraft & panel files from FSX to P3D to bring the default Cessna 172 to P3D V2?

Thanks,

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Yes. I did just that and it works well.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I just did it a few minutes ago and it's working great!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I did it and now I have a black screen!

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I did it and now I have a black screen!

In the prepar3D.cfg simply change FullScreen=True to False

You must have exited out of the sim in full screen mode. It is a known issue and LM are working on a fix.

It's good that someone posted a thread like this. My suggestion to anyone having issues or low frame rates with P3d2 is to copy the FSX 172 over to P3d2 and use the trusty 172 for tuning purposes. It has a very low impact on frame rates and memory use, when compared to newer and more complex aircraft.

It is "full screen = false" and still have the black screen.

Howard

Where are you getting the black screen? Does P3d2 start up that way? If so, edit your Prepar3d.cfg file and look for this line under [uSER INTERFACE]:

SITUATION=C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\<whatever is your default flight>

Now change it to:

SITUATION=

and restart P3d2. This will get you back to LM's default flight. Run P3d2 and change the aircraft to the FSX Cessna 172. See if that works. You can also change this line:

SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=1

and try running the C172 from the scenario window startup.

Thanks a lot.

Howard