Sign in to follow this  
Brenchen

Active Sky Next vs OpusFSX

FSGRW is also very good, hmmm, perhaps better than OPUS, and thats from me, an OPUS fan.

Brenchen, ASN has a 7 day free trial. Try it yourself and see how it is. That beats all the deep contemplation and wondering, or relying on user reports. Nothing beats hands on trials.

• Upvote 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Read through the FAQs and details and didn't see this answered. Is this capable of running from a networked computer or only the FSX computer. I finally got as2012 working networked and want to keep it networked.

Justin whetstone

The strongest feature for me is the replacement of CumulusX, which I only found out it existed yesterday.  I haven't gotten the paid version yet so will wait to see how ASN presents thermals.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Might I suggest this thread is about a week premature?

Based on the title, yes, but on the question Brendan's actually asking, no.  I certainly think ASN is attractive enough based on feature list and beta tester comments to try, especially if you're not entirely satisfied with existing solutions.  As others mention, there's a goodly trial period.

Scott

Read through the FAQs and details and didn't see this answered. Is this capable of running from a networked computer or only the FSX computer. I finally got as2012 working networked and want to keep it networked.

Justin whetstone

Networked has been the only way I've tested ASN...it works fine on a networked machine.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Based on the title, yes, but on the question Brendan's actually asking, no.  I certainly think ASN is attractive enough based on feature list and beta tester comments to try, especially if you're not entirely satisfied with existing solutions.  As others mention, there's a goodly trial period.

Scott

Guess that'll be the best option.  I've past my tweaking stage of my Simming career, now I just want to settle down with a solution that I can just trust to work and give me the best possible realism until the next one releases.

I was hoping that AS2012 would be the "one", as it turns out its too much mucking around.  Opus seems simple enough and good user feedback.  If ASN delivers its promises, ASN it is.

• Upvote 1

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

I use AS2012 for 2 reasons: (1) Gives FSX weather, and (2) Gives FSX nice colors, look and feel of weather, etc. (depending on the weather, flight plan, tme of the day. season etc.)

It seems like ASN will give me (1) much beter but not (2), which will be dealt with by the conventional FSX engine.

Based on that understanding I will not buy ASN.  I am confused. All I know is that AS2012 works OK for (1) and (2) and HiFI will only give me a better (1), bit not a (2).

AS2012 might not be the absulute best but at least I unederstand it (I think)

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Based on that understanding I will not buy ASN.  I am confused. All I know is that AS2012 works OK for (1) and (2) and HiFI will only give me a better (1), bit not a (2).

1. Start AS2012 and submit any textures you wish to use. Close AS 2012.

2. Start ASN.

3. Start FSX and fly. You will get the great colors from AS 2012 and then the great new look and feel of the ASN weather system.

Try ASN for 7 days and see what you think. Can't hurt to try.

1. Start AS2012 and submit any textures you wish to use. Close AS 2012.

2. Start ASN.

3. Start FSX and fly. You will get the great colors from AS 2012 and then the great new look and feel of the ASN weather system.

Try ASN for 7 days and see what you think. Can't hurt to try.

Finally a guy who knows the stuff. Jim, here is for you:

(1)I normally get weather depending on Flight Plan. So here I spend some time getting a FP (elsewhere) and pushing it to AS2012. Then after I get all that there who do I submit to? .... FSX is still not running ...

(2) Since when I launch ASN I would have AS2012 off, do I have to start all over getting again the Flight Plan in ASN? 

This is what gets me confused!

Thanks

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

All the FP stuff you normally doin as2012. You will do in asn instead.

As2012 for textures. Asn for the actual weather.

Same I do with rex and as2012.

wlix,

You'll like ASN even better because once you load a flight plan in FSX, ASN will automatically load the plan into itself without you having to do anything. Or you can still manually load the plan into ASN before starting FSX. I have been using the new option and it is BEAUTIFUL!

Js

Is that with fs flightplanner only?

Or with planes that use an fmc and airac database?