Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Peter's A380?

Anyone got this? How completely are the systems modelling like the FBW and MCDU?

I have it. I'm told that it flies very well and that the FBW is quite good. I never use it, though. The MCDU as it is now is.. well.. not good to be honest. The VC is okay-ish and nothing more. At the price point I couldn't recommend it. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I have it. I'm told that it flies very well and that the FBW is quite good. I never use it, though. The MCDU as it is now is.. well.. not good to be honest. The VC is okay-ish and nothing more. At the price point I couldn't recommend it. 

Ah the pics make it look like theres loads of detail!

Ah the pics make it look like theres loads of detail!

.. dont even think you could enter SID and STARs into the FMC. You'll need either UFMC (payware) or xfmc (freeware) to do that. There were some talk about a patch for this, but I don't know if that has been released yet or not. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Purchased 2 months ago but slightly disappointed.

On the plus side it's modelling a great airplane with interesting features. It's a change from Boeings; has good manuals; and a good representation of FBW plus protections. An excellent achievement from essentially a one person development team.

On the negative side things have moved on. With LES Saab340 / FF 757 and even A320 neo the goalposts for $60 models has moved on and in this new environment it's overpriced. A number of systems are not fully modelled. No coded failure modes. But the biggest disappointment for me was the poor quality (blurry) of the PFD ND in the 3D cockpit Not of the super sharp quality X-plane is known for and represented in, for example, the FF777.

I still occasionally fly for the culture shock after hours in the MU2. "TO TRIM OR NOT TO TRIM that is the question."

On the negative side things have moved on. With LES Saab340 / FF 757 and even A320 neo the goalposts for $60 models has moved on and in this new environment it's overpriced. A number of systems are not fully modelled. No coded failure modes. But the biggest disappointment for me was the poor quality (blurry) of the PFD ND in the 3D cockpit Not of the super sharp quality X-plane is known for and represented in, for example, the FF777.

Nailed it!