Sign in to follow this  
77west

Special Paint - US Air Force VIP 777-200LR

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback, yeah you can use it as AF1 just change the 2 to a 1 for the flight number. Download it by searching the file library of Avsim for my name. (Wes Meyer) Cheers!

Thanks!

Thanks!

No problem, I enjoyed making it! PS - You might want to create a signature with your name as PMDG requires any posts in their forum to be signed. They sometimes delete posts if not signed. Just go through your profile options. And enjoy flying the T7!! 

Hi Dear Wes,

Great work! Amazed by your attention to details like missing windows, etc. I've been searching the net for weeks now to have a reasonable VIP floor plan on the 777, no joy up to now. I would like to fly my PMDG T7 in the bizav role. Could you share your one? It would be greatly appreciated by me and the whole FS community!

Looking forwrad to it.

Cheers,

Thanks guys, I am glad that you all like it!! RE the floor plan - It is more military-optimized than standard civilian VIP. But - I am looking at adapting it to a BBJ type layout, and doing a true BBJ style repaint. What I will do real quick for you, is show you on a screen shot where the different areas are.

Here is the annotated picture. Its pretty rough and dirty but you get a general idea of the layout.

post-311019-1110_thumb.jpg

Thank you, Wes. Interesting. Seems to me a "standard" military/government VIP interior. Similar concept to AF1.

Cheers,

Yes it is indeed based closely on the Air Force One layout. I believe there are some things in the cargo hold as well but not sure on details.

Nope...the flag always flies aft.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

The flag on the tail looks backwards.

Nope...the flag always flies aft.

Regards

Bob is quite correct. The flag always fly's as if it were on a pole and given that the plane flies forwards, the flag on the right side fly's 'backwards'. You can see this on commercial carriers as well.

Bob is quite correct. The flag always fly's as if it were on a pole and given that the plane flies forwards, the flag on the right side fly's 'backwards'. You can see this on commercial carriers as well.

Correct. Any United States service using a flag patch on the right shoulder will have this "reversed" flag as well. The thought, as alluded to earlier, is the flag pole is being held in front of the [person/aircraft] and the flag is streaming in the relative wind generated by the normal direction of travel.

Here's an example of the Army CU - see the first picture (there are others if you scroll down as well): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Combat_Uniform

EDIT (from the linked article): "On the right shoulder of the ACU, the U.S. flag is depicted with the union (stars) to the viewer's right, instead of the usual left (flag's own right); this is to give the impression of the flag moving forward with the wearer."

Kyle Rodgers

On 12/7/2013 at 5:58 PM, 77west said:

Afternoon Captains!

I am working on a special paint of the 200LR in USAF VIP colours - not Air Force One itself, but similar to the VIP 757s (C32A\ B)

Hope to have it finished later today. I will also include a Boeing spec seating \ cabin layout which matches up with the missing doors and windows.

I will try to attach a pic to show you the progress so far. The plane will include the Aux. Fuel tank option.

//Mod edit--pix removed due to violation of AVSIM image policy--no more than 1600 pixels wide and no more than 400KB//

Hello. Is there an update on the seating map? If not I am working on a draft by hand and not sure if that would be helpful. Thanks.