Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

REX 4 for P3D V2

That looks really, really good!

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Wow, those screen shots of REX 4 Texture Direct look nice. Look at some of the full size screen shots in P3d2. No one has better sky and water textures than REX. 

that picture of the tomahawk I think it is sitting at the airfield with very dark clouds behind is just brilliant, think its pic number 18. Make me want to go and hire a plane and go flying lol

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Will REX2 owner get any discount to upgrade?

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

that picture of the tomahawk I think it is sitting at the airfield with very dark clouds behind is just brilliant, think its pic number 18. Make me want to go and hire a plane and go flying lol

LOL. Yes, pic 18, this was showing the REX4 Weather Direct's archived weather feature from KOKC 311952Z. Horrible tornado outbreaks that day! Actually it wasn't 'sitting' rather I believe our tester was trying to land that sucker under turbulent conditions! :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I'm sorry to say that I've not tried REX before but those screen shots have got me slavering.

It seems you have another REX convert.

Wonderful.

It certainly makes for a happy christmas.

Blackrat

Rex Team always conjuring up a genius product to take my money :lol:

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Great news and nice product , any option for upgrade , I bought my REX for my P3D v2.0 last week!? :(

Thanks for the kind words folks!

If you folks fixed what is called water in P3DV2 then you get the grand prize!  It's really awful now and that is actually w/ REX E+ water installed for oceans.  Just can't get decent water so wow I hope you have figured out something better!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Great shots apart from the wet runway which, as before, is completely unconvincing. You just don't get that uniform highly-reflective sheen across an expanse of concrete or tarmac when its wet.

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Have to be the best FSX clouds I have seen.

REX seems to have solved that painterly appearance that the current version sometimes has.

Agree with the above:

FSX water looks better, wet runway too reflective.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Those airport textures are stunning. Look like payware airport textures. Cant wait.

Edit: that fourth screenshot on the website mentions the clouds in the description but I was transfixed by those wonderful airport textures. Is that in Rex or a pay ware airport in the shot? There are also mentions of taxi way signs being updated and in at least one shot there is a new style taxi way sign on a stand rather than the usual sign sitting on the floor. Is that Rex or an add on? If it's addons then it's very confusing with Rex having airport textures and in some screenshots having third party airports.

Interesting! Looks great. I do notice there are three seperate products now: I suppose that means you also have to buy them seperately, so it will be very interesting to see what the prices will be. Not that I mind spending some money on it because up to now I received every update for free, starting from the very first version! I also wonder if Texture Direct will work on its own without the weather engine parts.