Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

REX 4 for P3D V2

In Prepar3d the clouds and fog are volumetric?

CASE: Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 MB: Msi Z590 Tomahawk CPU: Intel i7 11700K RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 2400 MHz COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 HD: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB GPU: Nvidia (Asus A8G) GTX 1080 PSU: Cooler Master V750 FAN: Cooler Master MasterFan Pro 120 Air Flow RGB (x4).

302318.png     Lorenzo Guidotti

I just bought Rex Essential Plus Overdrive yesterday.  I hope that there will be upgrade pricing.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

So there is no improvement with water installing REXE into P3DV2???

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

My guess is the partnership with ORBX?  Noted in one of the screenshots, "Texture Direct HD is compatible with all ORBX airports".

REX4 + ORBX = Rule the world.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I also wonder if Texture Direct will work on its own without the weather engine parts.

That would be great as dont care about their weather engine. I despise changing textures and having to wait fro REX to download weather information when I dont even use it.

That would be great as dont care about their weather engine. I despise changing textures and having to wait fro REX to download weather information when I dont even use it.

You don't have to use the weather in any other versions so guessing it'll be the same

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yup, you can disable the REX weather engine and just use the textures (I currently use OPUS for weather).

However, if the new REX4 weather engine is able to work quickly with minimal performance impact, I think I may hop back over the fence...!

So there is no improvement with water installing REXE into P3DV2???

It seems to me the water problems w/ V2 has to do w/ DX10/11 implementation in V2 and that water textures weren't made to utilize those kinds of textures, hence REXE doesn't really fix the issue directly, i.e. while keeping DX10/11 features enabled in V2.  It appears REX 4 may do this and so the screenshots *may* be suggesting, unless of course when those shots were taken DX10/11 features were disabled in V2.

Yup, you can disable the REX weather engine and just use the textures (I currently use OPUS for weather). However, if the new REX4 weather engine is able to work quickly with minimal performance impact, I think I may hop back over the fence...!

REX E+ weather works quite well compared to former versions, and it looks like they've likely improved this even more now for V4.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I despise changing textures and having to wait fro REX to download weather information when I dont even use it.

The first thing I do after installing REX is turning off all weather options: you will never ever be bothered again with weather downloads!

So Tim when can I hand over my money?

Thanks for the P3DV2 support, great work!

Rob

Just take my money. Water certainly does not look like that by default. I don't even want to fly p3d until we get some decent textures in there, so I can't wait for this. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Just take my money. Water certainly does not look like that by default. I don't even want to fly p3d until we get some decent textures in there, so I can't wait for this. 

Hi SolRayz,

If you haven't already set all of your Inspector settings to Application Controlled, AND be certain to set NEGATIVE LOAD BIAS to ALLOW.  I discovered the latter helps greatly, even though water textures still need improvement, and hopefully REX 4 will nail this down better.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

You will not have to wait for that in either of the products.   REX 4 - Texture Direct is its own separate product and can be used with any 3rd party weather engine option.  However, it does have an option to match textures with current weather conditions at an airport, but again no lengthy download to use this option.  We will be publishing screenshots of the interface early this week.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com