Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

FMC vs VHHX

Does anyone know how to get the airport > old HK Kai Tak (VHHX) to be recognized by the T7's FMC.  I created a FP OMDB-VHHX 

and when I entered "OMDBVHHX" into the CO Route block in FMC, the FMC indicated that the entry was invalid.

Thank you,

Ken Boardman

Ken Boardman

Does anyone know how to get the airport > old HK Kai Tak (VHHX) to be recognized by the T7's FMC. I created a FP OMDB-VHHX

Hi, Ken,

There are two downloadable exes that install all the data you need for VHHX in the proper PMDG files.  The one with "NG" is for data from Navigraph, the one with NDP is for NavDataPro data.  However there is a note saying these don't work with the latest Airac, 1312.

http://www.vapap.com/kai-tak-airport

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Well,  finally got the FMC to accept the "OMDBVHHX"  CO Route by (re)running special file provided by Fly Tampa

specifically for the PMDG aircraft  Navdata.  However,  after I enter the CO Route, a RWY 13 error message appeared

at bottom of FMC "RTE 1" page,  and no Rwys or Approaches appeared on the "VHHX ARRIVALS"  page. 

Ken

Ken Boardman

I have a similar problem. Downloaded the installer, followed all instructions (including pasting into the correct navdata file) and now the 737 works perfectly but sadly not the 777.

Odd that one works but the other.

Well, finally got the FMC to accept the "OMDBVHHX" CO Route by (re)running special file provided by Fly Tampa

specifically for the PMDG aircraft Navdata. However, after I enter the CO Route, a RWY 13 error message appeared

at bottom of FMC "RTE 1" page, and no Rwys or Approaches appeared on the "VHHX ARRIVALS" page.

I have a similar problem. Downloaded the installer, followed all instructions (including pasting into the correct navdata file) and now the 737 works perfectly but sadly not the 777.

Odd that one works but the other.

On the website that the VHHX PMDG install program comes from there is a note that it doesn't work with Airac 1312, the current one. 

http://www.vapap.com/kai-tak-airport

The author says he will answer e-mails regarding a workaround, so I e-mailed him. 

Stay tuned.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Anybody know why I get "This page cant be displayed" when I click on those links above?

Rob Robson

Open the charts and actually fly the aircraft. No need for your FMC to automagically do it for you.

Open the charts and actually fly the aircraft. No need for your FMC to automagically do it for you.

That sounds like real work, Lance!   :wacko:

That sounds like real work, Lance!   :wacko:

I know... all crazy-talk-like-eh? ;-)

Folks

I have posted a detailed manual workaround at VAPAP while I repair the Kai Tak installers.

Hopefully this will resolve some of the problems here.

Regards

Jock McIntyre

Melbourne, Australia

Jock McIntyre

I have posted a detailed manual workaround at VAPAP while I repair the Kai Tak installers.

Jock, thanks very much!

Works OK.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2