Sign in to follow this  
MSFS Ralf

A320 NEO

I would be interested in your opinion about the NEO. At the support forums people seem to be happy, with a few complaints only. I have the NEO since v1.1 and it's still not very useful for me.

Thw flight model looks very off to me. After take off, with a correct configured plane there is a heavy nose up tendency. Is it correct that an A320 needs a lot of stick down to prevent loosing speed? On autoflight it does not keep altitude. Banking to the next waypoint it looses altitude and overcorrects the loss then. Speed versus climb managment is off too. Climbing thru 10.000 feet it almost stops climbing until the new speed is reached. I know it has to lower the nose, but climbing at 50-100 fpm is overdone.

Landing by hand the elevator does not work. All these bugs are well known since a few versions now. In 2.0 all are still present.

How does the NEO work for you?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

Hi Ralf ;-)

I acknowledge some of the problems you mentioned, and can even had a few others, like, for instance, the wrong blending of rudder authority as you transition from Normal to "direct" mode bellow 100', making a fwdslip approach almost impossible to perform because, all of a sudden, the rudder gains full authority and you're in trouble...

There is also a problem with the pitch authority under some circumstances, but I was told by the author that the occasions on which I might have experienced it were related to the THS part of my PERF not being correctly set. We have to take note of the correct settings and enter it together with the takeoff flap/slat ... I haven't experienced it in the last flights I performed with the NEO.

The altitude overshoots are gone, at least for me, with this v2? But if you have it, then they're really not gone... I confess that I started a comparison between the NEO and the Aerosoft AXE, which made me install the latest version of that FSX airbus, and due to some days off, and also some additional beta testing for an upcoming addon, I haven't found the time to fly the NEO more often. I'll try to test further today and report back!

During manual landing I do not lose the pitch channel ? We will have to check that one!

I'll email you Ralf!

But... I am back enjoying the latest version of the AXE with MCE, and the ORBX FTX Global, and ASN - the three together have considerably reduced my XP10 flying time... :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Regarding the altitude overshoot, I only have this problem when I forget to select the appropriate thrust setting for "open climb". :)

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

Regarding the altitude overshoot, I only have this problem when I forget to select the appropriate thrust setting for "open climb". :)

Thanks, but it happens with climb power.

Sorry, that should read Mach hold. I switch to climb after passing flap acceleration height.

I have V2 and I would say it is work in progress. The FBW works to degree, but I find the airplane responding like a C172. I do not have time in the real thing (but I have time in medium to large transport aircrafts), I have jump seated the A3xx series quite a few times, and flew the Level D so I believe I am in a position to comment on this.

Some of the systems don't seem to be implemented (I turned off all hydraulics and no ECAM alerts and flight controls still OP. Off course I can always be wrong so anyone feel free to correct me.

This plane has potential, I think the dev team is small, so I will continue supporting them and wait for their future releases.

Regards

John.

From the support forum:

Next step will be v.2.1 update with

add Airbus sidestick damper simulation (tune FBW pitch)
now Reload not need after every landing
add Chocks and engines/APU covers, lighting cone
add Show/hide framerate indications
some minor bugs v.2.0 fixed

v2 alfa-testers can contact me via skype to get distrib for test

Well, your observations are right. I didn't test that sort of situations but I recall having switched off the yellow circuit and getting ECAM alerts on 1.5 (?)

Anyway, after much testing and comparison, I have to agree that while some aspects are very well / plausibly simulated in the NEO, the Aerosoft AXE for FSX / P3D is still a more feature and systems rich simulation, and it has an aditional factor of being very didactic too...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

The FBW works to degree, but I find the airplane responding like a C172

You are right about this, the feel does not give a heavy plane on take off at all.  The other day, while I still have the NOAA plugin problem with 10.25 causing wind speed to be stuck at 28 knots, the NEO was slap around in the wind on take off like a GA plane, totally unrealistic.  After the initial wow with the VC, I keep finding issues with this model, so I will have to shelve it for a while.  The systems are modelled but they seems to work in a flow manner, i.e. you have to flow through the correct order and if there are mistakes (I do make them) the system kinda sit there.  I am glad I only paid 39 USD for this.  Definitely not worth the 59.95.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

But the author keeps adding new features and correcting the bugs...

My only problem in as far as the FD go is that the aircraft acelerates to fast on takeoff... way too fast...

Main Simulation Rig:

I've read good comments on both Peter and QPAC versions, but they lack a lot of functionalities, and a 3D cockpit ( although I am aware that Peter's A320 is going to get one anytime soon...).

I have Peter's A380, and really like the FBW implementation - it is very well done.

But I confess that I also like the way the NEO behaves when manually flown, with sme glitches that the author will probably address in the next patch. Today Romanov acknowledged at the NEO support forum the need for a smoother transition of rudder authority from Normal to direct/landing law bellow 50', so, from fix to fix we are getting more features and an even better flight behavior with the NEO A320, and it is probably the best value too, because Peter's models are way too expensive IMO...

Main Simulation Rig:

Thanks for your comments. I only experienced with the Aerosoft AXE, how does that compare? To move to Xplane I'd like the same quality or better.

Thanks for your comments. I only experienced with the Aerosoft AXE, how does that compare? To move to Xplane I'd like the same quality or better.

Well, all summed up, and after many testing, I still prefer the Aerosoft AXE. But it's a very diificult comparison because in the NEO you do have a plausible FBW AoA protection, while in the AXE you can pull your stick and see the speed get well into the "red band" and your aircraft stalling like mad.... Not good!

But the system sumulation ( overall ) is more complete in the AXE, the functionalities and even the MCDU simulation are more complex in the AXE.  The NEO is still being developed though!

Main Simulation Rig: