Sign in to follow this  
Scupper

How do you disable the red FPS line?

Very simple question but I can't figure out how to do it. The red line at top left with fps and fps limit (P3d2) looks horrible in screenshots, - so how can I make it go away?

Thanks.

And once you've pressed Shift-Z and the line is gone, you can save the flight as the default flight so you won't have to do this everytime. You can also change your location, time of day, airplane, everything and then save the flight as default so you will always start up in your desired location in your desired plane, etc. etc.

If you want get rid of other red messages like "brakes" or "pause" etc. add this line into the [MAIN] section.

HideInfoText=1 ---- gets rid of the mag, brakes and other info on the screen (optional)

Spirit

Thanks, that's information I needed also. I edited the .CFG to change BrakesInfoEnabled= to False but it didn't have any effect. I was shocked and saddened that it didn't work. I will be glad to have the annoying red message gone forever.

I think with your help, I may have achieved total mastery of Flight Simulation.

Oh wait, Rex still can't find that darn "flightwxmap".

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow (white)   PS: EVGA Gold 1000W  MB: ASUS Z790-A  CPU: Intel i9 13900K  Liquid Cooler: Cooler Master ML 240  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR-5 5600 CL36   Video Card: Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4090 SSD: 2- Samsung 980 Pro 1T M.2  OS: Windows 11 Home 64 bit  Other: CH stick, throttle, pedals. MSFS2020, PMDG 737

Thanks, that's information I needed also. I edited the .CFG to change BrakesInfoEnabled= to False but it didn't have any effect. I was shocked and saddened that it didn't work. I will be glad to have the annoying red message gone forever.

I think with your help, I may have achieved total mastery of Flight Simulation.

Oh wait, Rex still can't find that darn "flightwxmap".

In the [Main] section add this

HideInfoText=1 ---- gets rid of the mag, brakes and other info on the screen (optional)

Spirit

I can't get mine to vanish... I used to do it, but now no matter how many times I press Shift Z nothing happens. I have not assigned any functions to Shift Z on Controls ?! Any help ? Cheers

Interestingly enough using hideallinfo=1 doesn't remove the fps counter.. it does remove other annoying info like zooming.

Is there any other way to accomplish this?

Interestingly enough using hideallinfo=1 doesn't remove the fps counter.. it does remove other annoying info like zooming.

Is there any other way to accomplish this?

Read reply #2 again.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator