Sign in to follow this  
ricka47

Very Happy with P3Dv2!

I finally installed my new EVGA 780Ti and moved Windows 7 to an SSD and installed P3Dv2 on another SSD.  I installed FTXG, Rex Essential Plus Overdrive, FSUIPC, Ultimate Airport Environment X, and A2A Feel there and they are all working fine.  I don't have MyTraffic up and going yet.   All of my FSX aircraft were moved over and work fine as well.

All I can say, is that FSX is gone for me.  I uninstalled it before when X-Plane 10 came out but ended up going back and doing a complete re-install.  I won't be doing that this time.  Yes, it was great for many years and the work that has been done on DX10 is wonderful and I appreciate that work.  But, despite some bugs here and there, P3D is the future because it will be upgraded and patched over time to get even better.  I like the idea that I don't have a "dead" platform to learn more and more about flying and that is motivating!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Agree 100%. Evolution starts again.....

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi Rick, what is your experience with your new EVGA 780Ti? Which GPU did you have before?

Best regards from RelaxX

I've had some time now to get set back up with FSX after some time away, just to remind myself where I want that sim to be, to see where Prepar3d shapes up after the initial WOW factor of seeing the high FPS in Prepar3d

My typical setup is the Eaglesoft Citation X, FTX England, Ultimate Terrain Europe, the new release of UK 2000 VFR airfields, UK2000 Gatwick/Edinburgh/Luton

Installing all the above gives a barely acceptable experience in FSX. Certainly, once you're up and flying it's fine, but maneouvering around airports is a bit of an FPS horror show

Installing them all into Prepar3d is like night and day. Some stuff doesn't work 100% currently, but the performance is so drastically improved, FSX is soon going to be consigned to the history books

I think people need to move on from the mindset of CPU CPU CPU with FSX, and to realize it's benefits far more from a high end GPU

There are a lot of the old problems still around, all of which I've found fixes for in this very forum, but the core performance is outsanding compared to FSX

I think people need to move on from the mindset of CPU CPU CPU with FSX, and to realize it's benefits far more from a high end GPU

This is a very good point.  Had V2 been released with the cpu limitation, all of us would have been looking at upgrading the cpu and likely the motherboard in order to see a 10% increase in frame rates.  For me, it is a better situation to upgrade my graphics card, which will yield significantly better frame rates and is easier to install, than to change out the guts (CPU/Motherboard) of a system for a very modest gain.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hi Rick, what is your experience with your new EVGA 780Ti? Which GPU did you have before?

I had a GTX570HD before.  But, I installed P3dv2 after I put in the new card so I can't compare.  Maybe the best comparison that I noted was with Train Sim 2014 which (with all settings maxed) saw a doubling of frame rates.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Great video Rob.... Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk