Sign in to follow this  
Zoho30

fsx tweak for windowed mode using !

hello guys 

i have combination of saitek and vrinsight controls, with some screens for the OH panel, PFD ND FMC.

like we know, all the knowledge tweaks cannot do the job well in windowed mode.

i have make some research starts from Word Not Allowed reach to NICK's, and so so many another tweaks but nothing to help.....

when i have flying around the DJERBA X airport withe the online weather provide by REX OV (  which one of the addons i use, also i use NGX, MY Traffic 2013, FTX Global v1.00, shader mod 3, REX OV SP2, aerosoft Djerba x, scenery tech for all ((asis europe africa americas pacific))  ).

my specs ; i7 at 5.0MHz, GTX680 and 8GB of 2133 rams.

i cannot play with the full mode screen, i play with a windowed mode and let FSX open in the projector (BenQ W1070 Full HD3D) and the panels like FMC ND PFD OH panel etc.....undock and drag to open them in the other 3 screens....

also i follow all guide about NVIDIA inspector as well as FSX tweaks but nothing help in my performance...

i get only 11 to 12 FPS when i fly above DJERBA X using the REX weather engine.

also i followed the NVidia inspector tweak but nothing positive....

really guys please any help please....

i7 what? You have your system overclocked to 5.0 and you need to tweak? Try the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide for settings (link in my signature or under the Contents Tab above). FSX definitely, 100% for sure, positively runs faster and better in full screen mode with a modern system but looks like you will be stuck with Full Screen based on your monitor situation. Regarding the monitor configuration, you should check in the Monitor forum where I have pinned a topic on setting up 3 plus monitors.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Firstly, in some setups there seems to be an FPS drop when the window is maximized and touching the taskbar. You can alleviate this by either unmaximizing the window and resizing it to not quite touch the taskbar or by having the taskbar auto-hide.

Also, under the the [GRAPHICS] section of your fsx.cfg, add ForceWindowedVsync=1 (backup your fsx.cfg first if necessary).

I had low FPS in windowed mode that was fixed by the latter tweak.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

First of all, welcome to these forums!

It might be helpful to also state what your FSX settings are, especially the traffic settings (even more so since you state that you use MTX) and autogen. those can really bring most any computer down, I believe. If those settings are high (MTX's recommended traffic settings are about 40% if I recall correctly), try reducing them and see if that changes your performance.

It is most probably the taskbar issue, follow the instructions above then let us know the results

Jay