Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Nvidia 780 and 780Ti. What's the difference?

Enjoy your purchase! It's a quick card.

Thanks!

I'm hoping that it will give me the same relatively fluid experience I had with FSX. My settings I would say are medium to high, and although my performance is 'okay', I experience what someone else accurately described as 'microstutters' - it's not the fps necessarily suffering, but the fluidity. I know exactly what he means. Hopefully the video card boost will iron those out.

In P3D v2 the card will not iron out the microstutters. I have a GTX780. P3D v2 is smooth but not (entirely) without microstutters. P3D v3 still has a lot of bugs or let's say inefficiencies in the code which have to be sorted out before getting a really great experience from the sim. This will take some time... However, it has great potential...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Well, my perf isn't horrendous at the moment, it's just not fluid. I suspect the new card may help

Well, I installed my new GTX 780 tonight. I was previously running a 660Ti.

Definitely a noticeable difference in smoothness. With the 660, performance was a bit clunky, sticky, stuttery.....not horrendous, but not ideal. The 780 has mad the experience noticeably smoother and more enjoyable. Not a particular boost in frame rates....generally bounces around between 20-30 with a lock at 30. I'd say my settings overall are in the mid to upper-mid range.

I'm not entirely sure that all of my graphical settings are ideal but I'll wait until the NI settings have been determined whenever that may be

Definitely excited about the future of p3dv2. It's a bit rough around the edges but hopefully after 2-3 patches, FTX, the REX makeover and decent aircraft we will all be happy campers

The 780 has mad the experience noticeably smoother and more enjoyable. Not a particular boost in frame rates....generally bounces around between 20-30 with a lock at 30. I'd say my settings overall are in the mid to upper-mid range.

Hmmmmmm… did you change a few settings or did you leave everything as it was? You would expect being able to turn on a few more options?

Is that 20-30 frames with a payware airport or a heavy aircraft? That seems to be a bit low otherwise.

I have a GTX780. FTXG is installed. All sliders to max expect for Autogen at very dense, Shadows only for Aircraft inside and outside, buildings (only cast) and terrain. Shadow quality at mid. AI traffic at 30% and Road traffic at 30%. I get around 40-50 frames almost everywhere. Almost never drops below 33 frames when locked. Even over cities with heavy autogen or with the ORBX PNW scenery.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Hmmmmmm… did you change a few settings or did you leave everything as it was? You would expect being able to turn on a few more options?

Last night I exclusively flew around the Reykjavik FTX free demo area.

FXAA On

Vsync On

Reflections Off

Shadows on for a/c only

Scenery Complexity High

Mesh 75%

Water high

Can't remember the rest

.cfg is default. No changes made

Cleared out the shaders folder before running the new card

Is that 20-30 frames with a payware airport or a heavy aircraft? That seems to be a bit low otherwise.

I have a GTX780. FTXG is installed. All sliders to max expect for Autogen at very dense, Shadows only for Aircraft inside and outside, buildings (only cast) and terrain. Shadow quality at mid. AI traffic at 30% and Road traffic at 30%. I get around 40-50 frames almost everywhere. Almost never drops below 33 frames when locked. Even over cities with heavy autogen or with the ORBX PNW scenery.

Something is not quite right with my setup then

The 780 has mad the experience noticeably smoother and more enjoyable.

Is that not the objective?

Is that not the objective?

It is for me. I'm not too concerned with fps is my experience is smooth. But if others with similar setups have higher frames, it may just be the way my settings are configured, which at the moment is on a wing and a prayer

Something is not quite right with my setup then

That was why I asked what I asked. It seems to me you should be getting better results, specially with your (very) medium settings. The big question now is what CPU you use and at what speed!

It is for me. I'm not too concerned with fps is my experience is smooth. But if others with similar setups have higher frames, it may just be the way my settings are configured, which at the moment is on a wing and a prayer

As long as your having smooth operations. Set your frames at 33% and forget it. set it and forget it. Ron Popeil. :) Oh, and shut off the frame text. I get 80 FPS and still have the mini stutters. I dont see with V2, the value in frames rendered untli they fix some things.

That was why I asked what I asked. It seems to me you should be getting better results, specially with your (very) medium settings. The big question now is what CPU you use and at what speed!

i7 950 @ 4.0

I72700K @ 4.5ghz. Mini stutters are never going away, regardless of frames until Vsyn is resolved or driver tweaks are implemented..

Fully agree. They have to work on the code to get rid of the microstutters. Even though I have 40-50 FPS I still have microstutters... But I'm sure that this will improve with version 2.1...

But I'm sure that this will improve with version 2.1..

Same here. But, their being very mum about the subject. I don't have much faith in Nvidia's support unless you have a murderess 7 million copy sold shootum up game.