Sign in to follow this  
regamuffin

MD11 still pleasing

i own every pmdg fsx product and i recently aquired the 777 fantastic plane she is now doubt about that, but something always keeps pulling me back to the md11 maybe because its pretty much one of a kind

and i would just like to take 2 minutes out of my time to say thank you pmdg for a fantastic product i know it was not one of your greatest sellers we're all aware of that but thanks for taking the risk/plunge into making the fine aircraft.

You are right! Md11 is my preferred a/c, more than NGX.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Ever since I watched the ITVV MD-11 DVD I wanted this aircraft.  It's still my all time favourite.

Dave Taylor gb.png

You are right! Md11 is my preferred a/c, more than NGX.

Here's how it usually goes for me...... 

I feel like flying the NGX. 

I load up the weather engine and go out for a smoke while it's loading.

Come back in, open up FSX and pick the MD-11 instead of the NGX.

flying manual circuits at LOWI in the MD-11 in rough REX weather.. using VOR of course... never get tired of that..

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

flying manual circuits at LOWI in the MD-11 in rough REX weather.. using VOR of course... never get tired of that..

No VOR at or near LOWI, Russell!   :P

And I concur with Paul: The T7 has revitalized my MD11 flying as well.

No VOR at or near LOWI, Russell! :P

And I concur with Paul: The T7 has revitalized my MD11 flying as well.

lol i mean nav by nav as gen statement flying the md11 rather than fms and what about the offset ILS beacon fkr? what have i been tuning the radio too all this time?! :0

offset ils 08 approach? dang tablet keyboard...

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

The T7 has revitalized my MD11 flying as well.

It's about time you joined the MD Club Ollie :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Expectations about the T7 were high and even if they were all right we realized it is nothing more than a new NGX quality plane. MD11 has something more, something peculiar that makes me forgive its lower quality VC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sig_concordeX.jpg

vafs_status.php?cs=AFR2202&w=1&clr=11,95

For the last year, I've said a few times that I felt that the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended was my favourite all time airliner ever released for any FS platform;   but I think on balance, the MD-11 would possibly slightly win on reflection, especially when you consider it's been out 5 years and is still so fun, challenging and convincing to fly.  :cool:

When I was deeply into P3D2 a week ago, I started craving for the NGX in FSX, so I re-installed FSX but guess what airliner I've been flying most since doing so;    Yep, that ol' three pot!   :smile:

The MD11 is the only PMDG plane I fly regularly; I have the 747 but only use the F and I really like the 1900D/C as well.

Hi,

I also love this plane, though it is a few years old.

I last flew a nice approach at EDDF with the freighter -version during a grey cloudy weather condition in the afternoon, making the approach spectacular!

But there are some probs with the MD-11 as with the 747. 747 has S-turns problems because of FSUIPC, the MD-11 on the other hand has problems with the autobrake after landing

that does not disengage although I disarmed it.

For the 747, I know how to tweak FSUIPC, but for the MD-11 I cannot find a way to get rid of this hickup.

So when I land, the autobrake engages, makes me come to a complete stop. Then I have to set the Parking Brake, then press brake to disengage, and when I start taxiing to

the gate/cargo Ramp, the airplane suddenly does not brake anymore - (not even with keybord commands). Someone said to delete FSUIPC.ini. But it is obvious that this will come up again.

Does anybody know how to overcome this braking problem ? Possibly/ highly likely caused by FSUIPC? I did not even changed my controls in FSUIPC, I do not even use it.

Thanks in advance, I really adore this airplane > just as the DC-10, as I hope some professional developer will make one someday!

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)