Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Please make this a stickie?

You could at least wrote few words about what the video is about and why you think it should be made a sticky. Everyone reading your post has to open the link and watch the video.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Yes Kevin and you did. I hope you enjoyed your surprise? lol

It's NGX tution and it's FREE from a great guy who's studying to be an Airline Pilot.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Yes Kevin and you did. I hope you enjoyed your surprise? lol

It's NGX tution and it's FREE from a great guy who's studying to be an Airline Pilot.

No, I don't enjoy being expected to open youtube links like that, no matter how good the content is. At least you've now added some information, thank you.

If it really is by someone studying to be an airline pilot, where did he get the spare time from to make these videos? It may well be a very good tutorial, but there are a ton of video tutorials online which vary from slightly misleading to plain wrong.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Since when did studying for a CPL/ATPL mean you don't have time to upload a video on youtube Kevin? Sounds like someones being a bit grumpy today.

Rob Prest

And since when you need to be an airline pilot student to be "allowed" to make tutorial for an entertainment software?

Videos look very nice at first glance, but I do not have time to analyze it right now.

I've found a time to watch first video.

There are some things I disagree, and there are some mistakes, mostly in terminology, but lot of time is invested, it's HD, it's narrated nicely, it's freeware... I think it's good enough.

Since when did studying for a CPL/ATPL mean you don't have time to upload a video on youtube Kevin? Sounds like someones being a bit grumpy today.

You don't, I was just surprised someone who was doing so would also have the time to make such a lot of videos. Usually all their spare time is taken up training and studying for the licence. People claim an awful lot to try and get credibility for their work. Also I found it odd that the OP knew I had opened the video link. I thought only the video uploader could see that kind of data. In which case he's spamming his own work.

Sorry I sounded grumpy, but I find posts to forums that simply give a link to a video without any other information about the link very annoying.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Anyone is entitled to make a video on the PMDG, we live in a democracy. You don't have to click on the link.

Some of these youtube video are partnership sponsored by youtube advertising. So maybe people make a bit of money out of it.

I don't know if this is spam or not, that is up to this forum.  If it is imparting information in a constructive way with software purchased, then all the better for the blogger.  I have seen a few good 'walk though' tutorials from a few bloggers, and they are great. Some are not good as well, as you would expect.

I have seen this guys video before and they are very good. I would imagine it is extremely difficult to do a perfect video without any mistakes, and you have to be prepared to take metaphorical punch on the nose from time to time.

The PMDG software is design for amateurs, pros and students. If people feel they are experts, they should make a video!

I am replying here for the benefit of Kevin Hall.

The B737 is probably the most flown aircraft in flightsim today, It most certainly is on the V.A., I use.

I posted this link to a series of flight instructions because I personally learnt so much from it, which enhanced my enjoyment in flying the NGX.

I am not receiving any financial gain from posting the link because I come from a time on Avsim where people were always on hand to help others in a time that was appreciated.

Sadly, it seems in certain circles that these gestures are no longer appreciated by some and okay, I could have entitled it in a differently. For that I am sorry (Senior moment).

I should of known better really, as the last time I recommended this guy's information I made adequate replies to a couple of trolls that got me an unfair 12 month ban from here.

As people have stated, you don't have to view or read anything here, that you don't want to, or have no interest in. That is your personal choice so why criticise?

Thank you to all those who did comment with appreciation but it seems that..................

You can help some of the people some of the time...............

But not all of the people all of the time. 

Dave Taylor gb.png

I am replying here for the benefit of Kevin Hall.

The B737 is probably the most flown aircraft in flightsim today, It most certainly is on the V.A., I use.

I posted this link to a series of flight instructions because I personally learnt so much from it, which enhanced my enjoyment in flying the NGX.

I am not receiving any financial gain from posting the link because I come from a time on Avsim where people were always on hand to help others in a time that was appreciated.

Sadly, it seems in certain circles that these gestures are no longer appreciated by some and okay, I could have entitled it in a differently. For that I am sorry (Senior moment).

I should of known better really, as the last time I recommended this guy's information I made adequate replies to a couple of trolls that got me an unfair 12 month ban from here.

As people have stated, you don't have to view or read anything here, that you don't want to, or have no interest in. That is your personal choice so why criticise?

Thank you to all those who did comment with appreciation but it seems that..................

You can help some of the people some of the time...............

But not all of the people all of the time.

Firstly, I'm not commenting on the quality of the tutorials. I'm confident enough in my own use of the NGX. So I don't need the help thanks. I'll continue to use the manuals.

Secondly I hope you aren't equating me with the "trolls" you previously tangled with. There's a big difference between being critical and deliberately attacking or annoying people.

I thanked you for adding more info to your post of the link. But you appeared to know that I had later viewed the link and only the uploader could know that. Hence my suspicion you might be the author, and so spamming your work. If I misunderstood that post then I apologise.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I know I'm biased, but I give it a resounding "meh..."

There were a few things in there that he probably should've been more mindful of.  Of note, he said "should be" several times without clarifying why, or disclaiming it as company SOP.  The lower EICAS was one of those items, and I can't remember the others.

Sorry, I just get really picky about that kind of stuff because those who are learning are impressionable, and when you say "should" they assume you know best.  If it's up to SOP, then it should be known.

Additionally, honest question:

Would it make my videos more convincing if I somehow put across all of my qualifications?  I don't recall anyone qualifying any of my videos with anything like "from a guy with flying/TM/ATC/etc experience."

Does that make the video more noteworthy?  Should I be making my qualifications on the subject more obvious?

Kyle Rodgers