Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

The first P3D v2 only title.

This is an odd play so soon but I thought I'd post this as it seems one developer is very confident in this new platform.  FSX and P3D v2 are close enough in technology to where I thought it would be a year at least before any developer would take this route.

http://www.simflight.com/2013/12/08/razbam-metroliner-development-news/

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

"This twin turboprop will fly only in Prepar3d V2 skies"

No V1.4 or FSX version?

It is surprising to see this quickly, but on the other hand, a number of devs have stated outright that some of the new things available to them in P3Dv2 have them excited about developing new projects for the platform.

This may very well be a case of something Razbam wants to do only being possible in P3Dv2, or made considerably less difficult.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Interesting, as I am one of many (I assume many?) who pre-purchased the beta version several weeks ago, and I am pretty sure that I thought it was to be an FSX/P3D plane.  I have since bought P3Dv2 and am more and more pleased with it, so no big issue for me, but I wonder if this is the situation with all of those who paid their $40 to buy the beta version.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

I have the beta on fsx because I pre purchased . It's a fsx and 1.4 and 2.0 aircraft. Simflight got their info wrong I think.

Or there will be features available on the 2.0 version that aren't on the others

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

They show a P3Dv2-only P-3C Orion, too...  very interesting!

Awesome aircraft the pc3 Orion and Metroliner.

Fantastic news. Well done Razbam

Backward compatibility with my FSX add-ons is of concern, but going forward, P3DV2-only releases are fine by me. I'm not going back to FSX anyway. A P3D-only Orion ? Yes please !!

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Makes sense IMO, given that P3D2 has better support for external flight models, and turboprops are notoriously awful in FSX using the default flight model

The market will determine if P3D V2 only titles are sensible.

www.antsairplanes.com

My understanding is that there will be two different versions of the Metroliner, being specifically for FSX (and assume P3D 1.4) and a different installer for P3Dv2. I am hopeful that this is where we get to see some different and more advanced capabilities.

They have stated that the Orion is being developed solely for the P3Dv2 platform. It's exciting to see them look ahead rather than backwards. 

P3d 1.4 was basically FSX SP3, so creating add-ons for both platforms was not a big chore, unless one wanted to make their FSX version DX10 compatible (as REX and few other 3rd party developers did).

But P3d2 uses DX11 and that adds a whole dimension to add-on development. LM also has added features to the SDK that allows a more flexible approach to writing add-ons for P3d2:

• An updated SDK including many requested features and a new iSimObject API that allows developers full control over their SimObjects.
    • An all new SimObject API allowing developers to implement their own flight, aerodynamics and physics models in their simulations.
    • A new custom post-process system which allows developers to write custom effects to be applied to the rendered image to further customize how Prepar3D’s image is generated.
    • A whole host of other additions to SimConnect, the gauges and panels systems, and the modeling SDK. Please see the SDK for additional details.

You will see more and more add-ons that are only P3d2 compatible, because developers want to take advantage of DX11 features. I mean, it is almost 2014, you know.

I'm sure Flightsim Estonia will be right on to this one.  :)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

They are not the only one who has announced a P3Dv2 version only I hope that developers actually take advantage of what P3Dv2 can offer and not just provide another upgrade price route. Now there are 3 platforms out there FSX, 1.4, and 2.0 users so pricing models and restrictions will have to be in place to keep people from buying one and applying it to all three.