Sign in to follow this  
Kattz

OK - please convince me. Don't tell me. Show me.

Thinking about spending my $200 for P3Dv2.  And I'm serious.

However, I'm a user that has great textures, great weather, no CTD's, no BSOD's, and have never had an OOM, even at the end of a 16 hr flight.  Computer is smooth, and I can even play Splinter Cell Blacklist while FSX is taking my T7 to Singapore in the background.  My traffic is good, my autogen is excellent (yes, it occasionally pops). I'm running DX10 across 3 25" monitors, and my Aivlasoft is on my 4th monitor, a 1280 X 1020 19" dinosaur. 

In the words of Turbo B, the lead from the old hip-hop group Snap!, "don't believe the hype is a sequel." 

So... convince me to part with $200.  Everything I've seen so far either has no effect on what or how I already run with FSX, or is simply opinion.  The only thing so far that has even perked up my ears is DX11 support.  Not sold, not convinced yet by the comparison videos, screenshots, etc.  So far, "meh".

This is not a troll, and trolls are not welcome here.  If it becomes an issue, I'll ask the mod to close this thread myself.

Kev

Ever thought of using the word please?

I'm sorry but from your opening rant and overal negative tone, I haven't got one bit of inclination to go and spend a hour getting you screen pics.  You come across like the world owes you an explanation as to why you should buy P3D 2.  

Funny how some people choose to communicate......    

Just 2c.     

We can't convince you - only YOU can do that. SO, buy it - try it - if you are not convinced yourself - send it back within 60 days and get your money back!

You get to make the decision first hand!

Other than that - it works for me!  Convinced?

:)

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Seriously? Given your own clear favorite form of flying, I recommend that you keep your CC in your wallet, or at least wait another six months to a year to see if your favorite tube-liners will be available.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ever thought of using the word please?

I'm sorry but from your opening rant and overal negative tone, I haven't got one bit of inclination to go and spend a hour getting you screen pics.  You come across like the world owes you an explanation as to why you should buy P3D 2.  

Funny how some people choose to communicate......    

Just 2c.     

Not necessarily in this case.  I've used please and thank you plenty of times here, no intention of coming across rude, I am just going straight to the question.  And Dave, I don't want screenshots, but thanks for the offer.  I can YouTube myself until I'm insane with various P3D items.  I want to know about architechtural changes in the software, how it's handling my syste resources, etc.  Since it's a concern, please.

Yeah, sorry but, many of us have already put tons of info into this forum, more than enough to make a decision I'd think. I don't think anyone here is looking to prove anything to anyone, I can surely say that for myself, and your post certainly reads as though you're looking for more of a challenge than any actual information.

If you're happy with what you have, stay where you are. As the saying goes, if it ain't broke...

Regards,

Brian Doney

Since I've seen the route this discussion is going to go, I've asked Bill to stop this thread.

The only real reason to buy it if you are 100% happy is to support the hobby. That's why I bought it. Otherwise, just wait.

- Bill Magann