Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Dreamfleet 727 and Windows 7

Thanks for the input Dijvid. I also still like to fly in FS9. I may take a leap of faith in the Piper Archer II even though it can be a hit or miss. We'll see.  

If you do then you might like to have a look at this site and click on the Links button.  There you will find a very nice turbo charged version of the Archer II.  I fly this and have modded it a bit further so I get a cruise of 160 kts and a ceiling of 20,000'

www.petermcleland.com

Have fun!

Dijvid

If you do then you might like to have a look at this site and click on the Links button.  There you will find a very nice turbo charged version of the Archer II.  I fly this and have modded it a bit further so I get a cruise of 160 kts and a ceiling of 20,000'

www.petermcleland.com

Have fun!

Dijvid

Hey Dijvid,

I got the Piper Archer II and works fine, so I am glad I bought it. Looking forward to flying this baby. I don't know if you have the Dreamfleet A36 and the Piper Archer III but if you do, can you tell me if they work for Windows 7 64 as well? Someone told me on the Dreamfleet forum that the gauges from Reality XP don't work and  that I may have to replace them with the new ones. Thanks,

Raul.

Hello, anyone knows if the DF 727 weather radar works fine with W7 64bits on FS9?

Thank you

M. Duarte

Indeed it does.

Peter Schluter

Hey Dijvid,

I got the Piper Archer II and works fine, so I am glad I bought it. Looking forward to flying this baby. I don't know if you have the Dreamfleet A36 and the Piper Archer III but if you do, can you tell me if they work for Windows 7 64 as well? Someone told me on the Dreamfleet forum that the gauges from Reality XP don't work and  that I may have to replace them with the new ones. Thanks,

Raul.

Hi Raul

I only have a 32 bit system but I used to e-mail regularly with another guy here in the UK who bought the Dreamfleet Baron which he said worked OK on his 64 bit Windows 7.  So I guess that the A36 and the Archer III would also be OK.  However, the RXP gauges don't work in 64 bit.  What's more, the RXP Garmin takes up 25% of processor time which is a lot when you consider that the sim itself is very CPU intensive.  Also, the database is terribly out of date [something like 12 years] and you cannot import any flight plans into the GPS.  I did hear that there was a more up to date database for the Garmin but not done by Reality themselves.

I run the A36 and Baron but have disabled the RXP stuff which was a bit of a job to do.  This now causes error messages when firing up the aircraft and sometimes a crash when I close the sim but otherwise the aircraft fly fine.

Hope this helps.

Dijvid

Hi Raul

I only have a 32 bit system but I used to e-mail regularly with another guy here in the UK who bought the Dreamfleet Baron which he said worked OK on his 64 bit Windows 7.  So I guess that the A36 and the Archer III would also be OK.  However, the RXP gauges don't work in 64 bit.  What's more, the RXP Garmin takes up 25% of processor time which is a lot when you consider that the sim itself is very CPU intensive.  Also, the database is terribly out of date [something like 12 years] and you cannot import any flight plans into the GPS.  I did hear that there was a more up to date database for the Garmin but not done by Reality themselves.

I run the A36 and Baron but have disabled the RXP stuff which was a bit of a job to do.  This now causes error messages when firing up the aircraft and sometimes a crash when I close the sim but otherwise the aircraft fly fine.

Hope this helps.

Dijvid

I actually have the Baron 58 as well and it works fine on my system except for the Reality XP GPS; however, I am fine flying without it, don't really need it. That is why I was curious about the A36 and the Piper Archer III, but if I have to replace the gauges and buy the new ones from Reality XP then I prefer to save myself the hassle. By the way they told me that if you are using the modified version of the Piper Archer II by Peter Mcleland, it's normal that the heat lever doesn't work. Apparently it is supposed to be that way because of the engine's modification.  Cheers. 

Hi,

in my case, the A36 works fine under Win7 64bit. With that plane, I haven't had the problems that I described for the B727 above at all. RXP GPS wasn't a problem for me as I deactivated it already at the times of WinXP, and then I applied my modification to the new install as well.

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I actually have the Baron 58 as well and it works fine on my system except for the Reality XP GPS; however, I am fine flying without it, don't really need it. That is why I was curious about the A36 and the Piper Archer III, but if I have to replace the gauges and buy the new ones from Reality XP then I prefer to save myself the hassle. By the way they told me that if you are using the modified version of the Piper Archer II by Peter Mcleland, it's normal that the heat lever doesn't work. Apparently it is supposed to be that way because of the engine's modification.  Cheers. 

I use Friendly Panels Garmin, radio, AP, etc gauges in place of RXP and like them very much.

Many thanks for the info about the carb heat lever - that's another thing I've learnt now!!

Dijvid

Hi,

in my case, the A36 works fine under Win7 64bit. With that plane, I haven't had the problems that I described for the B727 above at all. RXP GPS wasn't a problem for me as I deactivated it already at the times of WinXP, and then I applied my modification to the new install as well.

Regards,

Harald

Hi Harald,

Thanks for the info, good to know. When flying GA aircraft I don't care too much about the GPS, no big deal for me but it is a different story for the rest of the instruments. The A36 comes with a weather radar from Reality XP right? Does it give you any trouble with Windows 7 64bit? I heard that was an issue as well. Greetings,

Raul.

I use Friendly Panels Garmin, radio, AP, etc gauges in place of RXP and like them very much.

Many thanks for the info about the carb heat lever - that's another thing I've learnt now!!

Dijvid

I may try that Piper modification after I get used to it. I just realized a while ago though, that there is one manual missing from the product. I had to download the Orientation Manual from the Dreamfleet website but they don't have the 82 pages long Operating Handbook. They recommended I download any Piper Archer II manual from the Internet which I did but I was wondering if there is a way I could get the one supplied by Dreamfleet. Regards,

Raul.

Hi Harald,

Thanks for the info, good to know. When flying GA aircraft I don't care too much about the GPS, no big deal for me but it is a different story for the rest of the instruments. The A36 comes with a weather radar from Reality XP right? Does it give you any trouble with Windows 7 64bit? I heard that was an issue as well. Greetings,

Raul.

I may try that Piper modification after I get used to it. I just realized a while ago though, that there is one manual missing from the product. I had to download the Orientation Manual from the Dreamfleet website but they don't have the 82 pages long Operating Handbook. They recommended I download any Piper Archer II manual from the Internet which I did but I was wondering if there is a way I could get the one supplied by Dreamfleet. Regards,

Raul.

Hi Raul

Send me a PM with your personal e-mail address and I'll send you the 82 page OPs Manual.

Dijvid

Hi Harald,

Raul.

Hi Raul,

unfortunately, the RXP gauges including the weather radar gave trouble already at my WinXP system. I therefore modificated my panel into an "RXP-free" one, having older plane versions with more classic avionics in mind (you can see my panel here). Following the change to Win7, I never used or even tried any RXP gauge in the Bonanza.

Regards, Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg