Sign in to follow this  
Dean_EGTC

Client - Live Weather Maps

I have the client installed on my second machine.  It appears to be connected ok and will communicate with either FSX or P3D and display reports inside the sim.

If I open the Live Weather Assistant the title shows '01 January 0001 00:00hrs' and all the values are at 0.  

I have checked and both 'Live Weather' options are checked in the Configs.

Hi Dean

This looks like a classic missing sharing, sharing permissions, and security permissions. You will have to step through the Getting Started Guide for Networked PCs and follow the instructions to sort out your sharing and add the Everyone user group with Full Control in the permissions.

If you are only intending to use the client to control and monitor weather etc. then you can configure it as a No Connection To The Sim type in which case the client only needs the SimConnect libraries installed using our supplied msi file.

To display weather map data the client will need to access the servers OpusFSX\Themes folder hence the need to share and set the permissions on the server. Don't forget to label the shared drive using the same drive letter, so share C with share name C and not using some other name.

Cheers

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I understand sharing and have set up as I normally would.  Are you saying that if I install on C:\OpusFSX on the client I must install in C:\OpusFSX on the FSX machine?  It is currently in D:\OpusFSX and Everyone has full control.  I obviously can't set a Shared Drive with the letter C as it's already assigned?

No, you can install OpusFSX to different drives on your server and client, it is just that the drive name must just be the letter e.g. "D" not "My Drive D".

Have you any virus software etc preventing OpusFSX from writing to the server's OpusFSX\Themes folder?

Cheryl

I ended up having to share the entire drive, not just the applications folder.  It was fortunate I installed on the D drive as there is no way I would share my entire C drive across my home network.

Thanks for your assistance.

You're welcome Dean,

I'm sure there is a way of just sharing an individual folder. I will have to do on our system and then put the advice in our docs. Glad to hear you are up and running though.

Stephen :-)

Would I see any FPS increase by running Opus on a client laptop? In other words is it worth the effort to set up?

The client system is primarily intended to provide a way to control the weather and view the various weather maps and reports on a separate networked machine. Allow you to use full screen on your server system. The client is not intended to offload processing since this would not improve the performance of the simulator in any way.

Stephen :-)

I too had the same exactly problem, and manged to solve this by following this thread. Thanks Opus Team. 

However, I'm having a different issue in my network setup with the client. This is regarding flight plans.

Let me just ask this first, can the Client (used only for LWA and LWE controls) set up the flight plan for the Server? I'm trying to do this but it isn't working.

So, here is what is happening. The client is working fine and is connected to the server, and displaying the LWA maps with the correct date/time and weather imagery. As I being, I click on Live Weather Controls on the main Client menu, and then Flight Plan Options on the Live Weather Control menu. This brings up the flight plan options, and then I go to import flight plan as I already have a "pln" file read on a network drive. I select the plan and click open, and the Flight Plan Window closes, but the flight plan is route is not showing in the white box inside the Live Weather Control (Client side and Server Side). The destination filed is left blank, and so is the cruising altitude. Clearly something is wrong, the flight plan is not even processed, and the flight plan option menu does not show anything regarding the waypoints or anything.

This does not happen on the Server side, on the server once I import the flight plan, (exact same *.pln file) it processed the file, lists all the waypoints underneath the both and fills the destination field and the cruising altitude field and is perfect.

Any idea what is going on?

BTW, here are my settings/specs:

OpusFSX v3.4

FSX Acceleration

4 PC Network setting, and everything working correctly over the network. OpusFSX client can connect to FSXServer, has the green banners, FSXClient produce weather charts, shows correct date/time, and the airplane. Client can also update weather in Sim (checking using Spy feature). So, in short everything else is working.  

You may just have a file access problem over the network from the client (i.e. sharing and permissions on your folder containing the PLN files).

You can Spy on the process in operation on the server system. First open the Spy window for the link marked General Updates on your server system. Click on Show Data and Show Detail within the Spy form if necessary. Then open the Live Weather Control on your client system, select Flight Plan Options then Import your PLN file.

You should see the request in the Spy window followed by the response as the flight plan is processed on the server system.

As I said, I suspect this is a sharing and file access permissions problem.

Stephen

Check the above and see if the flight plan file spec is received on the server, in which case there may be a problem accessing the networked file from the server or it may simply be a file specification related problem.

You must not have the Weather dialog open on the server.

If you open Flight Plan Options a second time then you should see the plan displayed in the white box inside the Live Weather Control. It looks like the dialog is not being refreshed so we will correct this, thanks for the report.

Thanks for the reply Stephen, but it isnt a file sharing/permission issue.

I've created different flight plans and saved that on different location on both the client PC and FSX Server PC, and I cannot import any of the plans from the client side LWE. I even tried saving a flight plan to OpusFSX folder in the client PC, still no did not work.

I tried the spy thing as you mentioned and used the show data and details button, I can see the request from the client to process the flight plans but it does not help. The flight plan is not imported. I'm pasting the results from the spy window of the server when the client tried to import the flight plan below:

Spy Window from Server:

RX   Length 82 Bytes
      LWE IMPORT FLIGHT PLAN
      01 50 59 3A 5C 45 46 42 20 4A   61 6B 61 72 74 61 20 2D 20 53    .PY..EFB.J  akarta...S
      6F 65 6B 61 72 6E 6F 2D 48 61   74 74 61 20 49 6E 74 6C 20 28    oekarno.Ha  tta.Intl..
      57 49 49 49 29 20 74 6F 20 42   61 6E 67 6B 6F 6B 20 2D 20 53    WIII..to.B  angkok...S
      75 76 61 72 6E 61 62 68 75 6D   69 20 28 56 54 42 53 29 2E 70    uvarnabhum  i..VTBS..p
      6C 6E                                                            ln
 TX   Length 12 Bytes
      LWE CONTROL DATA UPDATE
      01 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   00 00                            .0........  ..

Also, the flight plan was created using AivlaSoft EFB, AIRAC 1313.

Dep: WIII

Ar: VTBS

In Aivlasoft EFB under the weather tab it says "OpusFSX data folder", you must enter the path OpusFSX/Themes.

We only import PLN type flight plans. Remember you must not have the Weather dialog open on the server.

Cheryl

Sorry for my bad English.

I have exactly the same problem. 

I use 2 PCs with Windows 7, Prepar3Dv 2.2 and migration tool of Flightsim Estonia.

I have installed everything according to the Guide and set up.

I can't flightplans inporteren through the client,

On the server it is possible

Kind regards

Wim Nengerman

Please confirm you have the FSXSERVER running on the main system and the FSXCLIENT (same version) running on your client, and you have two Green communication links.

How have you configured your Client system?

Is it a Live View client or a 'No Connection..' type client?

Do you open the Flight Plan Options dialog on the client, enter a simple flight plan and then press the Process Flight Plan button.

Can you confirm what you are trying to do. We have just tried it here and all is OK.

Make sure you do NOT have the Weather or FP Options dialogs open on the server.

If you Spy on the General Updates link you can see any changes communicated.

Stephen :smile: