Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Best helicopter flight model

Hello!

I want know what helicopter model is more real to the real life, in terms of flight model and dynamics...

I have the Dodosim 206 FSX, also the DCS Huey and XP10 with Dreamfoil 206 and BK117.

What do you think? Also I'm interested in how real is HTR for FSX. The new Milviz 407 OS very very promising if they get a real flight model.

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Eurocopter AS350 B3 Plus for Xplane10

You consider that XP10 have the best dynamics for flying helicopters? Yes I have it is very good! Also I revived my Dreamfoil 206 with the latest version but I think is too difficult to hover... I don't know if I have any bad setting in XP.

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

My two cents worth. I fly the Dodo 206 a lot, plus some other payware helo's. The biggest change in immersion / flight model realism was the using of more realistic controls. Using a Flight Link G Stick 3 Plus floor mounted unit,  Flight Link 206 collective, Digital Reality Anti Torque pedals helps with immersion. That being said, regardless of controls, the biggest impact is not so much the controls, but how they are set up. Stock windows joystick settings are ok, but for a far better expierence in that department, FSUIPC can attain a far better control feeling, thus realism / immersion of the aircraft.  Setting it up with FSUIP one can have set up the controls specific to the helicopter one chooses to fly. For example the stock Bell 206 is more twitchy than the Dodo 206. Thus the linear curve using FSUIPC adjusted for said helicopter. Regardless of the control, be it a Saitek, CH products or other, the control can be tuned precisely to the aircraft. An aircraft can be made to feel sluggish or twitchy. Setting up the controls for the aircraft will have a great impact to the feel of the flight model. Conclusion.  You can have a great flight model out of the box, but if the controls are not set up properly, the flight model is moot. I also enjoy flying the stock Bell 206, and, despite it not being a 10/10 in the flight model department, it is a hoot flying when the controls are set up for that model.

I watched a documentary about the Huey. The pilot stated the range of motion of the cyclic is within the circumference of a quarter. Setting up one's controls like that, flying using your thumb and finger. I have no springs in my cyclic, not self centered. When i was using Saitek Combat pedals, i removed the centering spring.

We all know Helicopters are the hardest bird to fly. With enough time and practice, setting up the controls properly, the differences between flight models lessen. The reason being is having the controls geared to the machine. Something that is twitchy can be tamed, and something that is sluggish made perky. Finding the sweet spot is the trip. With that being said, every helo flies differently, but they all share a commonality.  I consider focusing on setting controls as per machine regardless of flight models and find they all have their own fun factor and personalities. Great question by the way! 

And if you can get in some real time flying helicopters you will gain a new sense of what can and cannot be replicated even in the best modeled flightsim birds.

Keith Guillory

O.K.:

You must try the Cera’ Series out of all four models the UH60L handles and performs the most realistic within FSX program parameters…

See Attached Video:

Respectfully:

David…