Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

AS Next available now

Have you guys had success importing weather into PFPX and then exporting wind data to the 777? I'm drooling to trial it, but I am hoping PFPX doesn't need to update anything first, otherwise I might wait till they do that. Also, are any of you using REX textures with it?

I use PFPX. It works fine. Other Beta testers tested the 777 import with success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Have you guys had success importing weather into PFPX and then exporting wind data to the 777? I'm drooling to trial it, but I am hoping PFPX doesn't need to update anything first, otherwise I might wait till they do that. Also, are any of you using REX textures with it?

The file structure seems the same. Just point it to the ASN directory instead of the AS2012 directory. PFPX has read the weather correctly on my first attempt! Not tried exporting anything as yet though.

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Its great. Flying the NGX through severe thunderstorms around Port Moresby and I was fighting for control at some points. And when in the overcast layer it was true IFR. I couldnt see a thing.  Was actually frightening. 

Downloaded and installed the trial, trying out the thermal effects.  But not able to get it to work on my network computers.  Has anyone experienced this problem?  On ASN window down below, it just says "Waiting for Simulator".  And I've pointed the FSX and AppData files to my network folders.  SimConnect is working and port 445 (according to manual) is opened.  Still no good.  Any thoughts?

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

How about temperatures in upper layers, many times I read that it was reported as an issue, as those were not realistic or exposed for sudden changes, is it correct now ?

Artur 

Pasting this from the old ASN thread:

Just tested it for an hour and boy, there is a new weatherking i town:-D I tried some zero visability conditions using the visabilty search, and its absolutly stunning. The P3D volumetric fog isn't even close to this good! The cloud turbulance is great and finally, popping out of low clouds/fog is how its supposed to be! I was lined up at ENBL ready for take-off, and the fog was actually shifting smoothly right in front of me, from just barely seeing the runway, to then see perhaps 20-30 feet, and than a few seconds later, it was back to just barely seeing the runway again. Taking off, I looked back and the airport stayed in the fog, it did not appear when ascending like it used to using any other WX-engines. I don't need need 7 days, this is an instabuy! 

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

Should you disable FSUIPC "wind smoothing" etc when using ASN?

I know ASN controls winds spectacularly - should I let FSUIPC get involved here, or turn it off and let ASN do its thing?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Kenneth, from what I have read from Hifi directly, there is no need to fiddle with FSUIPC if you don't want to because ASN, since it adds a "hook" that bypasses the FSX weather engine entirely, loads before the FSX engine/FSUIPC and will disable the FSUIPC settings.  So you could disable FSUIPC smoothing, but it won't make a difference.

ASN has some very smart programming behind it.  This really is "set it and forget it."  

Should you disable FSUIPC "wind smoothing" etc when using ASN?

Doesn't matter as ASN does "overwrite" these settings anyway.

You do not need this options and can disable it.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've only been able to get two flights in with it, and so far...well, I'll put it this way:

Not once, did it do anything to draw attention to itself.

That may not sound like much praise, but in all honesty, that is about the highest praise I can think to give a weather engine, and no product that I have used can I say the same about, including any previous AS version. 

We'll see if that holds over the next few days, but if so, then Damian and team, you may have finally pulled it off.

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Brian Doney

Thanks Devin and Jaime for the input, I went ahead and installed the trial. I had a rough start because I put in "BeechPapa" for the RequestID thinking it was asking for a user name. Dumb thing to do, but the support system at HiFi is top notch, they helped me out within the hour. 

Now that I have it installed, ASN works perfectly with PFPX, and matches PFPX's online sources almost exactly. I've been using REX-E for a long time and whenever I switch between that and PFPX's online source there is always a shift in wind direction. ASN agrees almost 100%. Their reported weather areas are widepsread too... I can even find the current weather for Lukla! FSX ATIS seems to know what the current conditions are. Weather injection is smooth as silk too. So are framerates. The visual rendition of weather is very realistic and dramatic, with lots of depth. I still need to test some things, but its looking really good so far.

Oh, and a general advice:

please forget about all earlier AS versions:

simply start ASN and fly - do not make any settings you are maybe used to make or even think they should be necessary to you from earlier versions. Just fly.

After some days, there's time enough to change something - if there's still need for it.

The only settings you could change are:

set time to historical - sim time locked (if you prefer that as much as I do)

Enable "Auto load simulator flight plan" in general options, if you would like to have this.

Have fun!

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Guenter,

You are exactly right, and I have to say, that is exactly how I plan to use ASN, and really what I was hoping for when I first read the announcement.

My plan is to eventually set it up on my home server, where ASE is now, and then just let it run, and hopefully, forget about it  :lol:

Regards,

Brian Doney

The only settings you could change are:

set time to historical - sim time locked (if you prefer that as much as I do)

Enable "Auto load simulator flight plan" in general options, if you would like to have this.

Have fun!

I just discovered the "Force historical time to sim time" option and I am in heaven. This is the feature I've been waiting for! 

• Upvote 1