Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

AS Next available now

What!

Windshear aural is the 737 not ASN.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I haven't had the time to test the microburst stuff, yet: the "WINDSHEAR" aural warning comes with ASN? If yes, should I have XGauge installed or can I hear it without (and with ASN installed on a second computer)?

This video is a clear demonstration that there is no windshear feature on the 737 NGX  :(

Thanks.

I've hardly witnessed an aural 'windshear' warning triggered by aircraft equipment in FSX, no matter who's the developer.

If you manually trigger a windshear from the ASN GUI the 'windshear' audio will be played anyway.

For an automatic audio triggered within your flight, depending on actual windshear conditions, you need the XGauge installed and the 'windshear' option activated there (LSK on the right-hand side of the gauge).

For an automatic audio triggered within your flight, depending on actual windshear conditions, you need the XGauge installed and the 'windshear' option activated there (LSK on the right-hand side of the gauge).

Therefore the warning can't be triggered in the ASN Map window with Windshear option activated, if I don't want to use the XGauge?

James Goggi

Too many defenders of Opus here... I'm for sure will buy ASN when Trial finish! It's the better for me, no other same experience never...

I have a i7 2600k and GTX770... Have the REX textures at 4096... But I don't know what is the best option...

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S con Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Therefore the warning can't be triggered in the ASN Map window with Windshear option activated, if I don't want to use the XGauge?

From my (limited) experience - I'm not a tester - that seems correct to me.

What I forgot to mention is, in the settings in the main GUI there's an option 'aural windshear warnings' (or similar) that has to be activated, too.

BTW, the automatic XGauge installer works nicely with PMDG aircraft - and the only PMDG aircraft that is window-limited somehow is the MD11 (only 4 additional windows left in the default panel.cfg). The XGauge occupies only one of them.

Hi James,

during beta testing we tested various ways of enabling the ws aural alert. We ended up with the current implementation, because we wanted the XGauge to actually simulate a real gauge inside the aircraft. So, for example for this to be powered up and the aural alert to come up, avionics should be on, the option should be selected etc.

It feels not "natural" and it's highly unrealistic to have a "wind shear wind shear" coming out of nowhere and not being an integral part of the environment. And then having to switch windows to get to ASN main app to make this shut up :)

All this of course until aircraft developers take advantage of it and implement their own way of notifying about the upcoming hazard(s). So, for now, if no XGauge installed, then no aural alert.

Kostas Terzides

ASN developer.

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

oo many defenders of Opus here.

No different to AS2012 supporters when Opus came about. We are flight simmers, we cannot help ourselves, it is in our DNA :lol:

Have the REX textures at 4096

Using HD cloud textures with ASN is going to cost you with a FPS hit. Try 1024 and see how that goes.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Too many defenders of Opus here... I'm for sure will buy ASN when Trial finish! It's the better for me, no other same experience never...

I have a i7 2600k and GTX770... Have the REX textures at 4096... But I don't know what is the best option...

Your best option is to overclock  :ph34r:

ZORAN

No different to AS2012 supporters when Opus came about. We are flight simmers, we cannot help ourselves, it is in our DNA :lol:

Using HD cloud textures with ASN is going to cost you with a FPS hit. Try 1024 and see how that goes.

If I were on OPUS I wouldn't switch to ASN, either: They will catch up, somehow, sometime.   B)

But since I had been a long-term ASE user, I switched to ASN ever so naturally!   :biggrin:

This is the FSX forum: Enough forum space for all of us - OPUS/AS/REX/FSGRW users ... whoever!   :friends:

So far i really like and enjoy what ASN has brought into my sim weatherwise!

Congratulations to HIFI!

There is one thing though which was also mentioned above, which i think would just be great if it could be fixed

The one and only thing that needs fixing is [...] repeated cloud draw of the same kind so you see a repeat Patten you do need to fix that HiFi

... i second that!

Not sure if this can be fixed though - but if it could be, i - and i assume many others -  would also highly welcome it!

Other than that again saiying: ASN is working really superb and most convincing so far!

Cheers, Christoph

Your best option is to overclock :ph34r:

The i7 is at 4,6

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Hi James,

during beta testing we tested various ways of enabling the ws aural alert. We ended up with the current implementation, because we wanted the XGauge to actually simulate a real gauge inside the aircraft. So, for example for this to be powered up and the aural alert to come up, avionics should be on, the option should be selected etc.

It feels not "natural" and it's highly unrealistic to have a "wind shear wind shear" coming out of nowhere and not being an integral part of the environment. And then having to switch windows to get to ASN main app to make this shut up :)

All this of course until aircraft developers take advantage of it and implement their own way of notifying about the upcoming hazard(s). So, for now, if no XGauge installed, then no aural alert.

Kostas Terzides

ASN developer.

Thank you for the explanation, Kostas, I will live without it. I don't want to install the xgauge because, further to potentially decreasing the fps (mine is not an high end system), I don't like the idea of having a 2D window floating in the VC (that's why I use a second computer with all posiible windows moved there). Anyway I take the occasion of your reply to congratulate you and all the team on the really stunning piece of software that ASN is! 

James Goggi

Thanks everyone for your comments, praise, criticism, and feedback.  We are already working hard on fixing any issues that have come up, and improving things as suggested.  Your feedback has helped, and continues to help us in our roadmap and prioritization of efforts.  Much appreciated!

• Upvote 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Man I have to say ASN is amazing! I've used freeware wx generators and Opus but man oh man ASN brings a much better experience. The guys at Hifi have something special! I think I might buy it before my trial is up.

I do notice that my FPS takes a hit randomly while using ASN though. There are times I'll maintain 30fps and then it drops to low teens in the same weather. It doesn't happen all the time, because I did a flight earlier and I had a solid 25-30fps in some bad weather. Anyone else having that?

Yes I see this. Maybe when the weather is updating? It seems to be in IMC - I have low fps and huge fps variance (80%!). Then it goes away after about 2 mins.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank you for the explanation, Kostas, I will live without it. I don't want to install the xgauge because, further to potentially decreasing the fps (mine is not an high end system), I don't like the idea of having a 2D window floating in the VC (that's why I use a second computer with all posiible windows moved there). Anyway I take the occasion of your reply to congratulate you and all the team on the really stunning piece of software that ASN is!

Hi James,

thanks for your kind words, much appreciated. What you can do (as a workaround and in fact what I do too since I don't want the floating window all the time opened too) is install the gauge, power it on once (and make sure the wsh option is checked) and then close the window (no need to reopen it again). This way the aural alert will come up if needed and the fps will not be affected in any way.

Kostas Terzides

ASN developer

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png