Sign in to follow this  
Luis_KMIA

Just started testing NGX w/ Active Sky Next!

Looking at good reports from users..

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

LOOL...Opus was the only program I got cloud popping and cloud redraws combinated with windshifts. I don't got them either with AS2012 nor FSGRW.

Now suddenly in the new beta this problems are solved although it was always claimed by Opus this is FSX limitation???

Very strange. :lol:

• Upvote 2

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Damien

I am actually banned from the official HIFI forum for some reason amd I cant get ASN to work on Simconnect eventhough it has been working perfectly on AS2012, I have SDK1A installed for Simconnect, Andydigital indicated it might need Simconnect V2, can you offer any advice, thanks

Yes Sp2 is a requirement.  Not sure what the forum issue is.  Can you please open a ticket regarding this at support.hifitechinc.com?  We're also assisting in this on the other thread.  Would be best to keep that discussion there.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Two developers working on the same features does not necessarily mean that one of them is copying the other one.

On the other hand I just sincerely hope that the close competition of those two does not lead to either one (or both of them) rushing a product (or its beta) to the market.

On even another note, both developers provide a demo version before purchase so actually I'm not that much concerned.   B)

• Upvote 2

I think my test went very well with no glitches.  The first thing I noticed was that the enroute forecast and station data in ASN is almost identical to the one PFPX provides (I use the default PFPX server when I make my plans).  So I'm wondering if HiFi is using a different server, because with Active Sky 2012, there were noticeable differences compared to PFPX.

The transitions in winds and clouds types was incredibly smooth.  I have motion effects with my EZCA setup, so I rally didn't notice if there was turbulence since my EZCA movements are random.

I also noticed a much improved depiction of the jetstream during cruise.  Winds were from the west at around 130 kt.

I'm going to try the T7 now to see what else I discover and learn from ASN

Very impressed so far!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Of all of the weather engines I've tried "Opus" is the only one that provides detailed and accurate weather and related effects without unexpected wind shifts, cloud popping, and other immersion-killing issues. And no, I'm not a beta tester for the program.

"As we have already stated, 95%+ of what our competitors are now claiming as new additions, OpusFSX has already implemented them and has been using the features for a long time now. Such are the advantages of the use of Dynamic Weather Themes, the weather injection method Opus invented and pioneered and our competitors are now emulating."

I hope you get banned.

• Upvote 9

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

LOOL...Opus was the only program I got cloud popping and cloud redraws combinated with windshifts. I don't got them either with AS2012 nor FSGRW.

+1,

Same opinion here, I use almost all of Active Sky product (Evolution, 2012) always happy with the performance. Now I decide to get the Next version.

Regards,

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

Installed and tested the ASN demo yesterday evening only. I was impressed rather quickly ...     B)

Yep, same here.

Now i've moved back to DX9 i'll give this a go.  Is this easier on Frame rates than AS2012?

Ian R Tyldesley

Of all of the weather engines I've tried "Opus" is the only one that provides detailed and accurate weather and related effects without unexpected wind shifts, cloud popping, and other immersion-killing issues. And no, I'm not a beta tester for the program.

"As we have already stated, 95%+ of what our competitors are now claiming as new additions, OpusFSX has already implemented them and has been using the features for a long time now. Such are the advantages of the use of Dynamic Weather Themes, the weather injection method Opus invented and pioneered and our competitors are now emulating."

I've been only reading and didn't want to enter the debate but this is just wrong and inaccurate.

Opus depicted unreal weather in most CAVOK conditions and never addressed the upper wind shift problem always claiming it was impossible to solve, it was an FSX bug and the only way to put an end to the situation was to have global winds.

Well, not everyone sits and waits for things to be resolved and i have also done some reading, so Opus never solved it because they were simply lazy. Other 2 weather engines that i have tested and purchased have no wind shifts at all and depict weather much more accurately than Opus.

Now speaking of ASN, right now it's the best thing i've ever seen BY A MILE. Not a single flicker, NONE, ZERO and awesome cloud crossing plus excellent wind management.... I'm sold and i'm not going anywhere because this is what i always wanted for my simulator.

Then there's the rest, but since everyone is free to test it for 7 days, go there and check it out. I've purchased mine 24 hours after testing it and i had AS2012 for about 18 months.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Love ASN.  Finally caused me to upgrade from ASE. Last night I actually passed through the top a front in South America in the PMDG Md-11 complete with snow at 33000 ft. Bumpy ride. VERY realistic. Way cool. Turned on the anti-ice and windshield heat but after I passed out of the cloud tops it acted like I was still icing. The anti-ice lights were still off and my airspeed began to bleed away. Reduced altitude to 29000 to stabilize. Seemed weird since I was in clear air.  I restarted and the lights were on saying no ice indicated. Not sure what that was but otherwise it was VERY cool.

Finally, realistic turbulance and when the metar states "Overcast" its overcast. No holes. Smooth transitions fantastic product. Ive tried  the "other" one!