Sign in to follow this  
Luis_KMIA

Just started testing NGX w/ Active Sky Next!

Using 737NGX or any other aircraft I assure you that ASNext is the way to go.

It loads in the same machine as FSX without problem and will use a maximum of 1 to 3 fps max.

The secret to have everything run smoothly is to have FSUIPC (v926) set to NO WEATHER.

Have a nice flight!

Well, I Always read that the best textures were from REX and the best weather machine was from Active Sky.

With the Active Sky Next the best texture are from Rex4 Texture Direct too?

What do you think?

Sorry to ask a stupid question...

I have ASE and have found the TAT on the NGX gives a hugely different reading to what the actual temperature is from real world weather. Plus, in the cruise, the TAT on the display shows a temp sometimes of up to +20.

I've googled for an answer but can't find one.... Am I being an idiot/missing something or should I ditch ASE and upgrade to this one!?!

Dan

Well, I Always read that the best textures were from REX and the best weather machine was from Active Sky.

With the Active Sky Next the best texture are from Rex4 Texture Direct too?

What do you think?

HiFi keeps talking about some sort of texture thing coming out for ASN. Personally I am not going to invest in rex 4 textures until I see a lot of feedback. I'm using rex textures now although I am not super happy with how they interact with asn. 

Sorry to ask a stupid question...

I have ASE and have found the TAT on the NGX gives a hugely different reading to what the actual temperature is from real world weather. Plus, in the cruise, the TAT on the display shows a temp sometimes of up to +20.

I've googled for an answer but can't find one.... Am I being an idiot/missing something or should I ditch ASE and upgrade to this one!?!

Dan

You're looking at total air temperature. That is not the temperature of the air, but the skin of the aircraft. Look in the progress page of the fms, and go to page two. That, where it says SAT, is the air temperature.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Wanted to chime in here -

Been using REX4 Texture Direct at 2048 settings, ASN is smooth as silk in the NGX, T7, Majestik Q400, JS4100, and DC9 Classic.  You can see my results in the Gallery for the T7 and the NGX.  Turbulence, wind shift, and precip types as well as accurate cloude types are very accurate, and with REX4, shadowing, towering cumulus, CTC and CTG lightning, haze, scattering, and opacity of clouds is superb.

I have noticed a -2 to -3 drop in framerate when looking at complex clouds, but this is not consistent and appears random.  No more "departing the envelope of controlled flight" when updating the wx conditions.

I still use Opus for dynamic cams.

You're looking at total air temperature. That is not the temperature of the air, but the skin of the aircraft. Look in the progress page of the fms, and go to page two. That, where it says SAT, is the air temperature.

Ah ok thanks.

I always assumed the the temp on the engine screen (correct name escapes me) was the OAT.

On a side note to that, I have noticed it ASE does differ that figure. For instance, I flew Toronto -Montreal and got a figure of +18 when using ASE in Montreal but with snow! Re loaded for the return flight without ASE and using fsx weather downloaded from the Internet, that figure went to -2 (which was the correct temp given in the real world forecast) ??

Ah ok thanks.

I always assumed the the temp on the engine screen (correct name escapes me) was the OAT.

On a side note to that, I have noticed it ASE does differ that figure. For instance, I flew Toronto -Montreal and got a figure of +18 when using ASE in Montreal but with snow! Re loaded for the return flight without ASE and using fsx weather downloaded from the Internet, that figure went to -2 (which was the correct temp given in the real world forecast) ??

I think what you're seeing is a known bug in FSX.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

And lastly, ASN.... Better than ASE!?

It's totally superior to ASE. Better than anything I've ever seen before... Had the most difficult flight ever thanks to ASN, landing in Rwanda in middle of African thunderstorm. I love how ASN knows where the clouds are, it's awesome to see a big storm front approaching just like it shows in ASN radar.  And the turbulence effects are great and don't require messing around with custom camera views like with OpusFSX. 

Regards

Joona L

• Upvote 1

I made this quick video with my iPhone showing the effects of the jetstream on my 737 on its way from KPBI to KBWI.  Once again, congrats to the ASN team for such a big leap forward!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jbeS4fBVo

• Upvote 2

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I made this quick video with my iPhone showing the effects of the jetstream on my 737 on its way from KPBI to KBWI.  Once again, congrats to the ASN team for such a big leap forward!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jbeS4fBVo

Just a small tip, reduce to turbulent air penetration speed. I can see you are right up at the barber pole, it gives you more of a margin from Vmo and your virtual pax will have a smoother ride :)

Rob Prest

Just a small tip, reduce to turbulent air penetration speed. I can see you are right up at the barber pole, it gives you more of a margin from Vmo and your virtual pax will have a smoother ride :)

I lowered it, and it did make for a smoother ride.  When I made the recording I had just stepped from FL370 to FL390, both which were choppy throughout most of the ride.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Can you explain the TAP speed for me? How do you find that value? 

Can you explain the TAP speed for me? How do you find that value? 

There is a Turbulence procedure in the FCOM that may help. See PMDG-NGX-FCOMv1.pdf page 276.

John Sturm