Sign in to follow this  
Luis_KMIA

Just started testing NGX w/ Active Sky Next!

I'm taking my Southwest 737-700WL NGX from cold and snowy KMDW to warm and clear KFLL.  I just installed Active Sky Next and look forward to seeing how both programs interact.

So far, so good...

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Deleted. humor that backfired. :blush:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Seems like Opus are always one jump ahead:-

Cloud Popping ... Problem Solved

The new 3.38.0 beta due to be posted tomorrow looks like it is going to put an end to ALL major cloud popping by preserving all of the cloud coverage that surrounds the aircraft. The new Cloud Smoothing software designed for the OpusFSI upgrade has been incorporated into OpusFSX to make sure it can be used without any delay.

With the knowledge we have gained and the various anti wind shift measures we have incorporated into OpusFSX we are now very confident that the new Dynamic Wind Targeting software in OpusFSI will virtually eliminate ALL wind shifts. This is all without resorting to globalising the weather, so still the same varied and detailed Opus weather.

Pseudo Cloud Effects ...

We have a number of typical meteorological cloud layering effects that we will be looking to incorporate into the LWE. These layers occur regularly in nature but do not normally appear in the METARs so we will most likely add an option to enable them in the Weather Preferences dialog. Users who want to minimise the cloud layers can then leave the option disabled.

Its all looking very good for 2014.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Of all of the weather engines I've tried (ALL of them except for FSGRW), ASN is the only one that provides detailed and accurate weather and related effects without unexpected wind shifts, cloud popping, and other immersion-killing issues. And yes, I'm a beta tester for the program.

• Upvote 1

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

ASN did a good job of copying Opus, so will stick with Opus. ( Duck for cover) LOL

Really?  I didn't want to respond to the assortment of accusations out there.  But there is no truth to this.  What specifically was copied?  The fact that we use a hybrid weather depiction system that uses a variation of theme injection along with SimConnect and low level ASConnect module interfacing does not mean we do anything even remotely similar to any other product.

And since we've been doing things for what, 12 years now, I'd venture to say if there was any copying going on, it is not from us.  We've been leaders in wx engine development for a long time.

• Upvote 11

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Of all of the weather engines I've tried "Opus" is the only one that provides detailed and accurate weather and related effects without unexpected wind shifts, cloud popping, and other immersion-killing issues. And no, I'm not a beta tester for the program.

"As we have already stated, 95%+ of what our competitors are now claiming as new additions, OpusFSX has already implemented them and has been using the features for a long time now. Such are the advantages of the use of Dynamic Weather Themes, the weather injection method Opus invented and pioneered and our competitors are now emulating."

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

sounded like an Opus ###### post to me LOL

Well that's a bit like saying I copied a car Manufacturer when I built a car, bit rude to accuse a top developer of copying other developers work

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Of all of the weather engines I've tried "Opus" is the only one that provides detailed and accurate weather and related effects without unexpected wind shifts, cloud popping, and other immersion-killing issues. And no, I'm not a beta tester for the program.

"As we have already stated, 95%+ of what our competitors are now claiming as new additions, OpusFSX has already implemented them and has been using the features for a long time now. Such are the advantages of the use of Dynamic Weather Themes, the weather injection method Opus invented and pioneered and our competitors are now emulating."

That this is misleading.  Anyone care to look back and see the feature list from previous Active Sky products that this said product has "copied"?  How about GRIB winds data (we've been using since 2006).  How about historical weather?  How about visual mapping?  Just take a look at our products, we have been doing this for a very long time.  We've done "weather theme" injection back as far as 2006 as well.  In fact, it has been done in MANY products/add-ons, just do a quick search.  It's also documented in the FSX/ESP SDK (SetModeTheme).  

• Upvote 4

Damian Clark

Damien

You don't need to explain your self to someone who is making wild accusations

• Upvote 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Just hoping to set the record straight, given that this is misleading and damaging to our reputation and our interests.  I hope people do the research and do not listen blindly to false claims.

Sorry to detract from this thread!  More on topic, I just finished a 777 flight recently and am really loving this airplane.  We've been testing PMDG products with ASN for over a year now and we hope you'll agree that they work very nicely together.  

• Upvote 4

Damian Clark

ASNext is a definitive blind buy for me. Even blind, I know where I'm going.  B)

Damien

I am actually banned from the official HIFI forum for some reason amd I cant get ASN to work on Simconnect eventhough it has been working perfectly on AS2012, I have SDK1A installed for Simconnect, Andydigital indicated it might need Simconnect V2, can you offer any advice, thanks

Wayne such