Hi Damien,
I have AS2012 in a networked configuration and the program has worked flawlessly. ASN is installed on the client computer with AS2012 and my question is about the need to open port 445 on the server and client even though the program seems to be operating ok without completing this step. ????
Thanks
Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Hi Andrew,

I believe if you have "File and Printer sharing" selected in windows, then this port is already open.  File and Printer sharing uses the same port.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

If you have Simconnect working properly don't try to fix it. B)

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I also have AS 2012 in a networked configuration (laptop) with FSX on my desktop. Everything is working fine.

installed AS Next today and simply I can't run AS Next in this way on the same laptop. TCP port 445 open on both firewalls, but AS Next keeps "Waiting fot sim"... 

:-(

Whats wrong with using port 500 as in all previous versions. I installed, changed nothing and it's working?

There are two links between ASN and the sim, one is AS_Connect (port 445 which in most cases is already open as its a printer port) and the other is Simconnect using the same port as always.

Cheers, Andy.

There are two links between ASN and the sim, one is AS_Connect (port 445 which in most cases is already open as its a printer port) and the other is Simconnect using the same port as always.

I opened port 445 anyway on the server and client. I suppose it can't hurt.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I also have AS 2012 in a networked configuration (laptop) with FSX on my desktop. Everything is working fine.

installed AS Next today and simply I can't run AS Next in this way on the same laptop. TCP port 445 open on both firewalls, but AS Next keeps "Waiting fot sim"... 

:-(

Same here....

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

It's always great to solve your own problems; in my case the path to my FSX app had not been configured correctly by ASN. Hence it couldn't find FSX in the network. I manually adjusted it in the registry and now all works fine.

Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Im experiencing the same dilemma as others - AS2012 connects fine across the network; ASN seems hopeless at this point. How can I check the path (s) I have set for AS2012 to emulate the same for ASN?

This is extremely frustrating and dealing with simconnect has always been a dreadful experience for me.

Im experiencing the same dilemma as others - AS2012 connects fine across the network; ASN seems hopeless at this point. How can I check the path (s) I have set for AS2012 to emulate the same for ASN? This is extremely frustrating and dealing with simconnect has always been a dreadful experience for me.

Most likely you do not have SP2 simconnect client installed on the client (or acceleration client), and only SP1 client installed.  In either case please check this:http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?1901-Issues-with-ASN-networked-configuration

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks Damian. I installed ASN on a different PC in my network and that install works flawlessly.