Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

New York City X and P3D V2

Actually I just tried it and I'm shocked too! I have to work out some black textures that I'm getting, but other than that, fps is surprisingly good considering. And that is with building shadows enabled. Mind you I am not running any traffic, not even road traffic.

Edit: Meh...nevermind, fps is the same if not worse than FSX for me and I am running NO other addons except Opus (disabled) and FTXG and I disabled building shadows. My rig is no slouch so not sure what to make of this.

Frames and fluidity were ok at this point.

Then it went buh bye...

What wrong with 14 FPS!?

What resolutions is everyone posting FPS running at?

I'll load it up tonight and see what my rig can do....

Scott

It seems to operate about 3X better fps under P3DV2 using "similar" (not the same) settings over FSX DX10.  But like others have said, turn all the shadows on, traffic up, AI up, etc. and it will be a slide show.  The default P3DV2 NY is pretty good.

Hmmmmm.... considering that the scenery is pretty likely converted Google stuff, and that even my ipad can zoom/rotate great swaths of that, I wonder if it could be something in the implementation within P3D that's slowing things down....

Can you turn down the draw distance.....?

LOD was set to 4.5 and I was running 1920x1080 resolution

NYC - its a must to turn road traffic off, what settings did you try?

All traffic was off and no AI.

Darn it Marc..! Just got back here to prove I had shadows on! :P Granted it does appear some of the custom objects aren't casting, but you can see from the bridge shadows that I have the setting enabled. 

I do get the issue with the black textures every once in a while, but wonder what's going on with the slowdown? Have you tried a slower aircraft? There is a post on the Drzewiecki forums that they're still working out the issues with LM...

No, but the raptor was hovering a little over 200 knots, thats not so fast. And DD has a thread about problems within P3D2 that they will not fix until after v2.1.

Also, I don't know what you are doing, but your frames are pretty good in those last shots. What are your shadow settings precisely, maybe post your general settings overall please.

What wrong with 14 FPS!?

LOL...everything!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor