Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

ASN Simconnect will not function

Hi Damien

I have Simconnect working perfectly on AS2012 but when I installed ASN and changed the Simconnect port to 445 it never works, just says waiting for Simulator, I have changed the config file on the client and the server, have no idea why it refuses to work, I also have all firewalls of whilst I am troubleshooting, any ideas

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Turn off your anti virus software, or at least get it to ignore the whole of the FSX folder structure. During beta we had problems with AVG stopping ASN working properly, once the exclusion was made the problem went away.

Cheers, Andy.

Yep Anti virus already off on the client and the server, AS2012 works fine on port500 but no response from Simconnect on port 445 for ASN, no idea why very frustrating

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Leave the port as it was before, if simconnect was working there is nothing for you to change, it should just work, presuming its the SP2 version of Simconnect you have installed. If you still have problems after trying that I suggest having a read of the official forums.

www.hifitechinc.com/forums/

Cheers, Andy.

Yeh I left it on port 500 AS2012 works fine but nothing for ASN, for some reason I am banned from the official forum so have sent a request in for assistance, very strange issue. I have SDK1A installed are you suggesting I may be on a lower version of Simconnect

Wayne

Wayne such

You are on a lower version of Simconnect them, try installing SP2 and try again.

Cheers, Andy.

Yep, also getting this behaviour (amongst others) from ASN as well.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Hi Damien

I have Simconnect working perfectly on AS2012 but when I installed ASN and changed the Simconnect port to 445 it never works, just says waiting for Simulator, I have changed the config file on the client and the server, have no idea why it refuses to work, I also have all firewalls of whilst I am troubleshooting, any ideas

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

SimConnect should not be changed to 445.  We use 445 for ASConnect, not SimConnect.  SimConnect should remain at 500 in this case.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Does not even work on 500 yet still works for AS 2012 if I fire that up, connects to FSX and injects the weather via simconnect, but nothing when using ASN

Wayne such

hello this might help : 

go to control panel > system and security > windows firewall > allow a program of feature through firewall .  then press allow another program and look for asn and click it . 

cheers .

Hi Fasouli

Firewalls are actually off on both machines, I have spent hours on this dam think trying to solve this, it does not make sense why it works with AS 2012 and not ASN

Ok Damien I am back on the correct forum LOL, where would I find Sp2 for Simconnect I looked on the internet but cant find it

Wayne such

You just need to install FSX SP2 or Acceleration SDK then run the simconnect.msi on your client machine where ASN is located. The file is inside one the the SDK folders on the FS pc, copy it across to your client machine and run it.

Cheers, Andy.

You install the FSX SDK from your FSX discs, then you get the SDK updates (1a and then 2) from Microsoft.  I take it you are already on 1a, so you only need SP2:

http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FSXSDK-SP2Update.aspx

Once you have the SDK installed and updated, in the SDK folder, there is a SimConnect.msi file in SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib subfolder.

That is what you need to run on the client.  Isn't SimConnect fun? :)

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

thanks for that, I do have acceleration pack installed and it does say not to install the SDK update if you have acceleration installed, confusing. Assume once I install the updated simconnect msi on the client that should be it as I already have it working with SDK1a

Wayne such