Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

ASN Simconnect will not function

thanks for that, I do have acceleration pack installed and it does say not to install the SDK update if you have acceleration installed, confusing. Assume once I install the updated simconnect msi on the client that should be it as I already have it working with SDK1a

In that case the SDK files for Acceleration are also on the disk, you must install that version and not the sp2 version linked to above in a previous post. Just install the acceleration SDK on top of SP1a. Then copy the new Simconnect.msi across to the client PC and run it. Technically its shouldn't matter whether you use the SP2 or Acceleration Simconnect.msi on the client machine as they are both cross compatible, but its better to use the exact same version for best compatibility for all your other addons too.

Cheers, Andy.

Ok i will give that a try tomorrow

Thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I have the same problems.

I have installed all versions of simconnect but ASN just sits there say "waiting for simulator" or it just don't recognise sim connect AS2012 happily connect whenever I load It up.

Stonelove what a pain hey kills the excitement i hope we can get it working i dont want to run off the fsx computer, i will let you know if i sort it tonight

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

SP2 simconnect client needs to be installed on the client machine.  Several others with this issue have resolved it by installing the simconnect sp2 client simconnect.msi file accordingly.  Please try this, and if you continue having problems, please open a ticket at support.hifitechinc.com along with a full log export (tools, export logs) and we'll try and get you sorted.  Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

To have a second  app connected with FSX via SimConnect (having already one working) one has to "add" text lines to define the additional port in the already existing SimConnect.xml file, instead of replacing the port on the existing one. That is the way I got Plan-G vest 3 working in addition to AS2012

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Im sorted thanks to Damien, awesome service thanks heaps, thanks also to everybody who assisted once I installed the Simconnect that you sent me I connected straight away

Wayne

Wayne such

Well suchw, I have tried everything, uninstall, reinstall, following the guides on this site and theirs, my AS2012 no longer connects because of all this and I'm sorry I didn't just try the trial version first before purchase but its a lesson learnt.

Right I have sussed it.

What I had to do:

I restored my client an earlier time (don't know how significant that was for me, hopefully no one else to has to but I did it anyway)

un-install SDK and re-install the whole lot.

some time before this if you have a working AS2012 on the client, you can use that to see if the simconnect it find is actually SP1 or SP2, mine was saying SP1 (don't know how that happened)

After install of SDK SP2 on server, install resulting simconnect on client.

Next check to make sure this line if saying "Protocol=Auto" (don't ask!)  in simconnect.cfg, is now saying "Protocol=IPv4".

Hope it helps.

Worked for me anyway

yes mine is working now if only I had time to fly at the moment lol

Wayne such

To have a second  app connected with FSX via SimConnect (having already one working) one has to "add" text lines to define the additional port in the already existing SimConnect.xml file, instead of replacing the port on the existing one. That is the way I got Plan-G vest 3 working in addition to AS2012

Do you add a whole line on the Simconnect.xml or just add the ports using ","?

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Do you add a whole line on the Simconnect.xml or just add the ports using ","?

Here is the text In my Simconnect.xml file.

See that I duplicated ALL the lines I had before for the port 500 and for the port 4505, beginning with the line " <SimConnect.Comm>" and ending with the line "  </SimConnect.Comm>" except for the port number.

<Si

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">

<Descr>SimConnect Server Configuration</Descr>

<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>

<Scope>global</Scope>

<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>

<Address>192.168.1.124</Address>

<Port>500</Port>

<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>

<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>

</SimConnect.Comm>

<SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>

<Scope>global</Scope>

<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>

<Address>192.168.1.124</Address>

<Port>4505</Port>

<MaxRecvSize>4097</MaxRecvSize>

<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>

</SimConnect.Comm>

<SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>

<Scope>local</Scope>

</SimConnect.Comm>

</SimBase.Document>

Here is the text In my Simconnect.xml file.

See that I duplicated ALL the lines I had before for the port 500 and for the port 4505, beginning with the line " <SimConnect.Comm>" and ending with the line "  </SimConnect.Comm>" except for the port number.

This was very kind of you, I have been searching allover  the web for this.  I am using 3 addons (AS2012, ASN, REX+od HD and  SimToutch 2) sharing port 500 I guess now I can put them on separate ports.

Thank you so much :lol: 

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

This was very kind of you, I have been searching allover  the web for this.  I am using 3 addons (AS2012, ASN, REX+od HD and  SimToutch 2) sharing port 500 I guess now I can put them on separate ports.

Thank you so much  

Did it work for you?