Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

ASN Simconnect will not function

Hiya Koffee.

No, AI Traffic do not connect used in either ASN for FSX or ASN for P3D directories but ASN for FSX connect to FSX with no problems.

I was thinking you might have multiple SimConnect.CFG files on your client.  That's strange that AI Traffic won't connect, maybe you mean connect to P3D. I don't have P3D, so not familiar with the setup, but the HiFi forum mentions a recent new build and a VC++ file.  A couple people mentioned that using a different client computer worked, with all the same settings.

If ASN FSX works then I wouldn't think it's a firewall issue, it might be worth trying to turn the firewalls (& AV) off for a test.  Hope you make progress.

I was thinking you might have multiple SimConnect.CFG files on your client.  That's strange that AI Traffic won't connect, maybe you mean connect to P3D. I don't have P3D, so not familiar with the setup, but the HiFi forum mentions a recent new build and a VC++ file.  A couple people mentioned that using a different client computer worked, with all the same settings.

If ASN FSX works then I wouldn't think it's a firewall issue, it might be worth trying to turn the firewalls (& AV) off for a test.  Hope you make progress.

Thx Kofee.

I will check out their site on the VC++ .

Hello everyone,

I used every step written in this topic and I also have the same problem. ASN is running very well on server machine, but not on the client one. AS2012 used to be working just fine on client without any problems. Also, aivlasoft EFB display unit works JUST FINE on client, but ASN does not want to connect to FSX, I have tried everything. All configs are correctly configured as well as I installed on my client machine, all the simconnect files from my server machine. 3 versions are installed here. Anyone can please help me, I have been trying to solve it more than a year and there is no support what so ever. Indeed like a tennis match with HiFi.

Anyone can please help me, I have been trying to solve it more than a year and there is no support what so ever. Indeed like a tennis match with HiFi.

Considering that ASN was released in December of 2013 I doubt that you've had this problem for over a year. By tennis match I assume you mean going back and forth. Do you have a better way? From your post above I have ABSOLUTELY NO INFORMATION about your problem that could even begin to help me solve your issue. No system info, no software versions, etc.

So I would have to ask a question, get an answer and then go back and forth. That's the way it is, my friend, get used to it.

Each system is different - each problem is different - there is SOMETHING in your configuration or on YOUR system that is causing the issue. It then becomes the "tennis match" to narrow down the cause.

It usually comes down to a few areas:

wrong version of simconnect

old version FSUIPC

errors in dll.xml file

permissions and firewall.

Last - have you opened a support ticket at http://support.hifitechinc.com/

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thank you with the reply, i will provide all this information with screenshots, i did open a ticket few months ago, they contacted me by email how ever, the issue was noy resolved. "More than a year" just my fihure of speach, that its taking very long time ti fix my problem.

Thanks in advance for you support

Thank you with the reply, i will provide all this information with screenshots, i did open a ticket few months ago, they contacted me by email how ever, the issue was noy resolved. "More than a year" just my fihure of speach, that its taking very long time ti fix my problem.

Thanks in advance for you support

if you have a ticket open, it's best to follow that. What is your ticket# and I'll try to see if it got misplaced. Meanwhile please post your info and possibly I can help.

Are you using the latest FSUIPC?

Are you using the latest ASN hotfix (#3)?

Are you using SP2 Simconnect?

Have you allowed the proper ports through the firewall SINCE you last installed the update?

Have you read this?

http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?1901-Issues-with-ASN-networked-configuration

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

if you have a ticket open, it's best to follow that. What is your ticket# and I'll try to see if it got misplaced. Meanwhile please post your info and possibly I can help.

Are you using the latest FSUIPC?

Are you using the latest ASN hotfix (#3)?

Are you using SP2 Simconnect?

Have you allowed the proper ports through the firewall SINCE you last installed the update?

Have you read this?

http://www.hifitechinc.com/forums/showthread.php?1901-Issues-with-ASN-networked-configuration

Vic

Hi Vic,

I the following below is some info for you of what I have installed and set up on my client's and my server's PC inorder to ASN to work properly on my clients as well as other software to be connected to FSX on the server PC.

Client PC:

This is how "my computer" looks when I am sharing folders from my server PC.

07md.jpg

SimConnect.cfg ( Username/Mydocuments )

[simConnect]

Protocol=IPv4

Address=192.168.1.7

Port=500

MaxReceiveSize=4096

DisableNagle=0

Sim connect versions installed client computer as well as netframework

d9ai.jpg

ejv7.jpg

The ASN on the desktop is a shortcut from the server PC.

Also, the firwall enabled to communicate with ASN.

f7u7.jpg

Server PC Settings:

SimConnect.ini ( username/mydocuments/fsx )

[simConnect]

level=verbose

console=0

;RedirectStdOutToConsole=1

;OutputDebugString=1

;file=c:\simconnect%03u.log

;file_next_index=0

;file_max_index=9

SimConnect.xml ( appdata/fsx config folder )

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">

<Descr>SimConnect Server Configuration</Descr>

<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>

<Scope>global</Scope>

<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>

<Address>192.168.1.7</Address>

<Port>500</Port>

<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>

<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>

</SimConnect.Comm>

<SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>

<Scope>global</Scope>

<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>

<Address>192.168.1.7</Address>

<Port>4505</Port>

<MaxRecvSize>4097</MaxRecvSize>

<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>

</SimConnect.Comm>

<SimConnect.Comm>

<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>

<Scope>local</Scope>

</SimConnect.Comm>

</SimBase.Document>

The SDK installed on my server PC.

4bc1.jpg

I have read the instructions above on the HiFi website.

I have the latest FSUIPC and WideFs on the server and client PC.

How do I find the latest version of my ASN?

and How Do I know which ports are enabled through fire wall.

Server Pc:

Intel i7 2400k 3.4ghz

nviDia Geforce 680

8 gig of ram

1TB Hardrive

P8P67 Motherboard

Windows 7

(All installed with latest updates )

Clients PC: Standart HP PC

Intel i7 4770 3.4 ghz

Geforce 635 GT

1TB Hardrive

12 gig RAM

Some random motherboard came with HP PC

Windows 8.1

(All installed with latest updates)

Guys, what else should I provide inorder to help you find the solution to my problem.

AivlaSoft EFB as you see on ym client's desktop work without any problems. Previous AS2012 used to work perfactly as well on the client PC. Other software like ProATC, even FSBuilt, VACARs2 ( for online flight tracking using VATISM) is working with wide FS. I tried everything. ASN is a big pain))

Just wanted to let everyone know i fixed the issue with simconnect and ASN, and i can finally use ASN on my client PC. I did this, by unchecking the "read only" on the .dll files in the main ASN folder of my server PC, re-installed fsuipc and it worked. make sure the SimConnect.ini + cfg + xml are "read only" check off as well.

Thanx for the update Tiger!!

Glad you got it sorted - now enjoy!

Vic

Glad its not only me having these issues. I will get it working one day!

From EGFF to YSSY