Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

ASN Simconnect will not function

Kalibra - you probably need to use an image/photo sharing web servie like Flickr or Imageshack to upload photos and then post their links here.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Rendi

yes I have...

Wayne, I created a group on Flickr called what-else but Simconnect, where I have upload the screen shots.

Can you take a look and see if there are any obvious errors. There is a mixture of shots from the

computer running FSX (SERVER) and Client Machine running ASN.

Cheers.

Would help if I added the url..

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2527343@N25/?added=5

Clive.

I don't notice anything problematic about those Simconnect files, so long as the IP address of the server machine running FSX is correct. Do you also have a SimConnect.ini file on the server machine at this location: [MyDocumentsFolder]\FlightSimulator X Files\ ?

I may have unlived my usefulness in helping you on this networking issue and suggest you try the HiFi Support forum, whose link I posted above.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

For one thing your simconnect.xml shouldnt have the first line in there!     <$1

Heres how it should look

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
  <Descr>SimConnect</Descr>
  <Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <SimConnect.Comm>
    <Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>
    <Scope>global</Scope>
    <Address>192.168.1.74</Address>
    <MaxClients>64</MaxClients>
    <Port>500</Port>
    <MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>
    <DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle>
  </SimConnect.Comm>
  <SimConnect.Comm>
    <Protocol>Auto</Protocol>
    <Scope>local</Scope>
  </SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

Hi Wayne.

Yes the IP address for the server and client are the same in the SimConnect files.

Yes, I have the ini file in the documents folder on the server.

Thank you so much for your help up to this point, I will take your advice, and open a post on the HiFi forum.

Hopefully someone there has had the same problem and been able to fix it.

Once again thank you for your assistance.

Clive.

Just a WAG Clive but have you also configured AVG to free those ports?

In certain firewall software (such as AVG) you may need to add an exception rule for ASN (asnext.exe) as well as the dll files as_btstrp.dll and as_connect.dll in FSX's as_srv folder (prevents the "unable to control ambient conditions" error).

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hello Vic.

I use AVG for anti virus on both machines, but not firewall management, that is done through windows.

I have the following rules on both the client and server computer for SimConnect.

Port 500 inbound/outbound

Any protocol, i.e. tcp, udp etc..

Still not working.  :(

It was suggested that I put a post on the HiFi forum, which I will do later today.

Thanks for the suggestion, they all help  :biggrin:

Clive.

ok but in addition to the port have you additionally added asnext.exe, as_btstrp.dll and as_connect.dll? I've seen some strange things occur with AV programs. Even though AVG is not being used as a firewall you just might want to exclude the ASN family from any AV action.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Taking it one step at a time, did you run the AI Traffic test from the client computer?

When I tested this, I copied the AI Traffic executable from the main FSX server to the client, into the SimConnectFiles subdirectory of ASNext, making sure the SimConnect.cfg was correct, and used port 500 (note: the SimConnect.XML file in this directory is only a sample and is meaningless on the client computer).  If this works, there should not be any firewall issue.  If it does not work, you could temporarily disable the firewall and antivirus on both computers and try again.  If that doesn't work, the SimConnect file parameters likely do not match.

k

One clarification regarding the firewall, though not part of the AI Traffic test:  on the client computer only, I was prompted to allow ASNext.exe to go through the firewall.  If I display in Windows, "Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall", ASNext is shown in a list, in my case only for Home network (not public).

Well I'm having no joy. My experience is not so positive. I'm in contact with support to which I can only describe as a kind of tennis match.

Does the AI Traffic.exe test work from your client computer, running in the same directory as ASNext.exe?