Okay, this is my second post of the day, first thread.  I recently updated my pc.  I have been reinstalling all my programs to get back in the air.  Everything has been going fairly well (other than the directx 10 issue I discussed earlier) but now I have hit a brick wall with FSInn.  I installed everything as usual but now I am unable to physically connect to Vatsim.  I continue to get a timed out error.  I have searched high and low for a solution.  I have installed a windows loopback adapter with no success.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled FS Copilot 1.7 and FSInn 1.3 with no success.  I have also installed a load server fix hoping it would help.  It did not.  I am beginning to think this is a Windows 8.1 issue although  I have noticed other Windows 8 users having success during my research of this problem.  I am at a total loss here.  I tried signing on to every imaginable server.  That did not work either.  I have played with the settings but still I cannot log on.  Does anybody have any other ideas for me?  BTW, I hope I have posted this thread in the appropriate area.  I have my specs listed in my profile.

I have an update to my issue.  Overnight, because crap like this prevents me from sleeping, I decided to dl squawkbox.  I am having the exact same issue.  It is not connecting based on a time out scenario.  I proceeded to turn off my Kaspersky Antivirus and the firewall.  I went as far as to right a new rule for the firewall giving SBox permission.  It still didn't work.  Nothing is working.  My connection is set up with a router using Comcast as my ISP.  I HATE Windows 8 for the record.  HATE IT!!!  Can I just get a f'n start menu??  Anyway, I have read everything I can read, attempted every fix other users have utilized, and I still am unable to connect to Vatsim through FSInn or Squawkbox because I continue to receive a timed out error.  I need to walk away for awhile because the last time I checked, I do this for fun.  It doesn't feel fun right now.

If you are sure you are using the correct IP, then go to the FSInn and SB forums on Vatsim, they will be more help

Jay

Down in the Freeware Forum section we have the VATSIM Support Forum.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10