Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Active Sky Next with the 777!

I cant wait to fly the 777/NGX with this!

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Tested it last night with the NGX, and it was flawless. 

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

ASN eliminates s-turn /turbulence issues as reported by many (and I can confirm this in my own testing).

As for performance, you have many options to adjust things here.  I'd suggest focusing on cloud draw distance first, possibly using 60 minimum and 90 maximum at first, and then adjust to find the best balance for your system.  Please check the Performance Considerations chapter for good information here on this and other important settings and considerations.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

It's showing breaks in my overcast over Athens right now.   Both ASN's map and FSX show this.  

I now have two flights, one on the NGX and another on the T7, and I can say the S-turn issue is no more.

I look forward to hearing from PMDG as to whether or not the new interface will help them create a realistic weather radar for their products.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I'm seriously tempted to buy the AS2012 -> ASN upgrade.. but then it's like 14 days til Christmas I should better buy some presents.. but then again a smooth ride for my 777.. oh damn..

also - do you guys ship new textures / texture upgrades with ASN? So we are finally able to experience the full turbulence simulation without the S-turns with PMDG aircraft?

I'm seriously tempted to buy the AS2012 -> ASN upgrade.. but then it's like 14 days til Christmas I should better buy some presents.. but then again a smooth ride for my 777.. oh damn..

also - do you guys ship new textures / texture upgrades with ASN? So we are finally able to experience the full turbulence simulation without the S-turns with PMDG aircraft?

From what I understand, there will be a texture package somewhere down the road for ASN, but for now the program allowes you to use AS2012 textures or those of other programs.  I completely uinstalled AS2012, but might reinstall it to get some texture variety..

LUIS LINARES

I have been "stuck" with default weather forever. Does this add in updated real weather to FS? How is it on the frames? My PC is decent but its no super machine. Can I get the updated weather without using Frame Rate killing weather textures? I have been thinking about getting real weather soon for a while now just don't know which program to get.

I have been "stuck" with default weather forever. Does this add in updated real weather to FS? How is it on the frames? My PC is decent but its no super machine. Can I get the updated weather without using Frame Rate killing weather textures? I have been thinking about getting real weather soon for a while now just don't know which program to get.

Yes.  There are several performance-related options to allow this to work for all kinds of systems.  With a lower-end PC you may have to reduce some detail/draw range options.  Suggest giving the free trial a go to find out yourself how well it will work for you.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Does anyone get it managed to install the xgauge? When I try the xgauge wizzard I only get an error message that it does not have the rights to acces fsx. If I use the manual install mode in the panel.cfg I only get a black window when I open the xgauge window in FSX. Couldn't find a solution for that until now...

Thx Julian

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

Question for those who have ASN.  I've been using AS for a long time and am tempted by the upgrade offer.  However, one of the biggest issues I have is with the fog depiction while on the ground.  At airports in IFR conditions the fog layers appear in sim to be large translucent planes placed at certain distances away from the viewpoint instead of a more blended gradual loss of visibility.  Needless to say when taxiing through these the effect isn't exactly one of immersion in the sim.

Since ASN uses currently installed weather textures would I see any improvement to the way fog behaves at airports?  Thanks!

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Does ASN address the issue of turbulence (S-curve)?

No issues for me, flying from calm, fair wx all the way into a thunderstorm.

Is Turbulence realistic under ASN or more realistic than the previous versions? 

My perception is: Yes, a rather good deal more. But pls. note I come from ASE (skipped a few versions 'til ASN).

Does anyone get it managed to install the xgauge? When I try the xgauge wizzard I only get an error message that it does not have the rights to acces fsx. If I use the manual install mode in the panel.cfg I only get a black window when I open the xgauge window in FSX. Couldn't find a solution for that until now...

Thx Julian

The automatic install worked flawlessly for me: Installed as admin, run as admin, and every FSX-related program is installed outside of the Program Files (x86) folder.