Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

Active Sky Next with the 777!

From what I understand, there will be a texture package somewhere down the road for ASN, but for now the program allowes you to use AS2012 textures or those of other programs.  I completely uinstalled AS2012, but might reinstall it to get some texture variety..

I would like to do that (get the AS2012 textures) into FSX once I upgrade. I have asked a few times and people answer that this is possible but I just don't know how to do it. I use AS2012 and FSX now.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

Hi

I have been trying to use the paste format to download the wind for my T7,  I get a format error? I am not sure what I may be doing wrong, or is it not possible for the ASN trial version?

Thanks

David

I would like to do that (get the AS2012 textures) into FSX once I upgrade. I have asked a few times and people answer that this is possible but I just don't know how to do it. I use AS2012 and FSX now.

You can have AS2012 and ASN installed simultaneously.  Run AS2012 and install your favorite textures.  Exit AS2012.  Then run ASN, and you will see the textures you like under ASN's new weather engine.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

You can have AS2012 and ASN installed simultaneously. Run AS2012 and install your favorite textures.

Where do I "Install" those textures? do I haved FSX running at this time?

Then run ASN, and you will see the textures you like under ASN's new weather engine.

And when do I start FSX?

Where do I "Install" those textures? do I haved FSX running at this time?

And when do I start FSX?

When you run AS2012, go the the graphics options, which gives you various texture sets to choose from.  Install your favorite.  Close AS2012 after the textures are installed.  They will be installed to FSX, and the program backs up the original FSX textures.  Close AS2012.  Open ASN to get the weather started.  Finally, run FSX.  I hope it works for you.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

You keep asking the same question, I explain the answer to you, and you still ask the same question.  :)

Here's my last attempt...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/428565-active-sky-next-vs-opusfsx/?p=2874805

I'll try again.

Textures are just that...textures.  Pictures, really.  If you open your FSX/texture folder, you will see those textures like these:

11312841513_d07b3c1d98_b.jpg

These are but a few of the textures AS2012 replaces in this folder.  FSX uses these textures to make the pictures of the clouds in the sim.  They are always there...they never move.  You could remove AS2012 entirely off you computer and these files will STILL be there.  That's because they belong to FSX.  You don't need AS2012 to replace there textures...in fact FSX can with its own default textures...you've only replaced those defaults with what AS2012 has given you.

What you have to understand is AS2012 are two programs in one. 

One is the texture injector...the one that replaces the pictures in the texture folder.  This program must be run only when FSX is shut down, because you will not see the new pictures once FSX load them up.  You don't have to run this program at all if you don't want to...only if you don't like the cloud textures you have (maybe you find them too blue, so you want to choose another set)

The other half of AS2012 is the weather engine.  The weather engine reads METARS and basically tells FSX "hey, I need you to show the texture cumulus01.bmp with a sky coverage of 4/8".  FSX then goes to the texture folder and calls up that picture.

ASN, on the other hand, is only the weather engine....nothing else.  So, your textures are already there in the texture folder.  Don't believe me...go to your computer, make sure AS2012 is off, and look in your texture folder.  You will see cloud textures and sky textures in there...trust me.  Those are the same textures you had the last time you ran FSX.  So, yes, when you run ASN, those textures will be used.

In a nut shell, all you use the texture engine in AS2012 for is to replace the pictures in those texture sets.  So, for example, the file I named above called "Cumulus01.bmp" will ALWAYS be called "Cumulus01.bmp"...but the picture will be different.  That's all your doing is changing the picture.  ASN doesn't care what textures you use...it's FSX who uses them anyway.

Just start FSX and ASN...off you go.  Stop worrying about it and have fun.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

You keep asking the same question, I explain the answer to you, and you still ask the same question.  :)

Here's my last attempt...

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/428565-active-sky-next-vs-opusfsx/?p=2874805

I'll try again.

Textures are just that...textures.  Pictures, really.  If you open your FSX/texture folder, you will see those textures like these:

11312841513_d07b3c1d98_b.jpg

These are but a few of the textures AS2012 replaces in this folder.  FSX uses these textures to make the pictures of the clouds in the sim.  They are always there...they never move.  You could remove AS2012 entirely off you computer and these files will STILL be there.  That's because they belong to FSX.  You don't need AS2012 to replace there textures...in fact FSX can with its own default textures...you've only replaced those defaults with what AS2012 has given you.

What you have to understand is AS2012 are two programs in one. 

One is the texture injector...the one that replaces the pictures in the texture folder.  This program must be run only when FSX is shut down, because you will not see the new pictures once FSX load them up.  You don't have to run this program at all if you don't want to...only if you don't like the cloud textures you have (maybe you find them too blue, so you want to choose another set)

The other half of AS2012 is the weather engine.  The weather engine reads METARS and basically tells FSX "hey, I need you to show the texture cumulus01.bmp with a sky coverage of 4/8".  FSX then goes to the texture folder and calls up that picture.

ASN, on the other hand, is only the weather engine....nothing else.  So, your textures are already there in the texture folder.  Don't believe me...go to your computer, make sure AS2012 is off, and look in your texture folder.  You will see cloud textures and sky textures in there...trust me.  Those are the same textures you had the last time you ran FSX.  So, yes, when you run ASN, those textures will be used.

In a nut shell, all you use the texture engine in AS2012 for is to replace the pictures in those texture sets.  So, for example, the file I named above called "Cumulus01.bmp" will ALWAYS be called "Cumulus01.bmp"...but the picture will be different.  That's all your doing is changing the picture.  ASN doesn't care what textures you use...it's FSX who uses them anyway.

Just start FSX and ASN...off you go.  Stop worrying about it and have fun.

Thank you

. I believe I understand now....

I have been "stuck" with default weather forever. Does this add in updated real weather to FS? How is it on the frames? My PC is decent but its no super machine. Can I get the updated weather without using Frame Rate killing weather textures? I have been thinking about getting real weather soon for a while now just don't know which program to get.

I have found no issues with performance. Same as AS2012 for me.

Amazing piece of kit this. Go get it.

Did not know there was a demo. Will certainly try it out with 777 and NGX and see how it goes. Hoping for the best. Would be GREAT to have some good weather simulation finally in my FSX.

Harsh on frame rates. I'll stick to FS Global. 

No chance in configuring the numerous performance options, or perhaps reading the Performance Considerations chapter in the manual?  You really have lots of options here.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I flew Juneau to Kathmandu with ASN & the 777, non-stop wonderful trip! Absolutely no high altitude vicious wind shifts as is my usual experience, moderate turbulence appropriate to the triple 7 descending over the Himalayas, , and fantastic, in and out of the clouds,overcast on my approach into VNKT.  My best simming experience ever. For me, ASN is a must, (and I have tried all the others) B)

Same here... Just finished a 14 hour+ non stop flight from KLAX to YSSY in the 777, absolutely awesome experience. Frame rate was excellent (high 20s to low 30s), ASN beautifully complemented my REX HD+OD textures running alongside Aivlasoft EFB, FS Captain and REX Latitude, with Ultimate Terrain X, UT2 at 80%, GEX.

Upgraded from AS2012 - ASN is definitely a must! :)

Hope this helps someone

Florin

No chance in configuring the numerous performance options, or perhaps reading the Performance Considerations chapter in the manual? You really have lots of options here.

Tweaked and saw a huge improvement. Just did a quick hop from KEWR to KBOS in the 777 and saw an actual improvement in the aircraft compared to FS global (for some reason, my frames drop in the 777 compared to the NGX) and I'm guessing now it might've been the other weather engine. The land map in the UI though however is pretty bad. Isn't it possible to pull from Google maps?

Other than that one detraction - which doesn't hurt my flight experience, l'll be buying this product in 6 days and counting :)

Hi

I have been trying to use the paste format to download the wind for my T7,  I get a format error? I am not sure what I may be doing wrong, or is it not possible for the ASN trial version?

Thanks

David

ASN automatically adds a winds aloft file into your "wx" folder once a flight plan is imported.  No need to manually add a text file.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit