The dusk arrival with temperatures at Marseille airport...

I have to correct myself:

The screen captures actually show the dawn approach of FR 6318 ...

(sorry for the confusion...)

Hi

Flew into LSZH today with low vis due to fog and mist etc. Amazing!!! Been flying around Europe last couple of days and didn't see any difference between ASE and ASN. But landing in ENZV was pretty good with the broken at 800 but Zurich did it for me

Craig

Flew into LSZH today with low vis due to fog and mist etc. Amazing!!! Been flying around Europe last couple of days and didn't see any difference between ASE and ASN.

Europe had low temps with high humidity and (interestingly) sometimes combined with windy conditions for the last two or more weeks. That is really one of the big challenges to "wait for the rabbits (flashing approach lights)". Getting visual contact with the approach lights while having a nice WCA (wind correction angle) is quite seldom, as normally foggy conditions don't come with winds...

For me AS2012 was always very good (I still use it with P3Dv2), because it really could give you IFR impressions for the first time. ASN has added realism in many ways. One for example is, that it generates WX out of the box without too much fiddling for perfection by the user. In the end the user adjusts more or less performance matters only.

So I like ASN, from what I have seen for the last week in autumn wx conditions, very much.

Always happy landings,

Claus

Edit: I just noticed you were mentioning ASE. I have/had ASE, too. I liked it very much because of its "revolutionary" interface and possibilities. The WX generation was good, no doubt. But what AS2012 brought for me into play was added IFR realism, as I mentioned already above. Especially regarding visibility matters in the region between top and bottom cloud layers (if there was any). ASN does (again) so many improved things in addition, from a different approach to its predecessor.

If you haven't done so already, you might scroll up this thread "Thank you HIFI" here, where users describe their experiences.