Sign in to follow this  
springbok204

Excited About 747 V2.0

Hey guys,

I'm having a great time with the 777.  Coupled with PFPX, I'm better able to plan ETOPS flights, something I was always interested in.  I have wanted a 777 with the technical detail PMDG is known for, for a long time.  I finally have it and I'm up to my neck in the manuals and all the training material.  I thought that when I bought the 777 I'd be totally happy....

But I find myself dreaming about the 747 V2!  I have the NGX and its an ok aircraft but it doesn't fire my imagination like a 777 or a 747.  When the 747 V2 comes out, it may be the first time in my Flightsim life I would fly 2 complex types, simultaneously.

I wonder how many people feel like me?

(...)

I wonder how many people feel like me?

The T7 made me long for another highly automated aircraft, as well. So I resumed flying the PMDG MD-11 (and continued with the T7, of course!).

BTW, ETOPS does not apply to the 4-engine B744.   :P

BTW, ETOPS does not apply to the 4-engine B744.   :P

The clue is in the title... :ph34r:

Extended Twin engine Operations.. :P

It actually stands for "ExTended OPerationS" now I believe and I'm pretty sure 744/8, A388, A340 etc still abide by it, maybe slightly different configurations than the twins.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Valid from 2011:

ICAO: EDTO (Extended Diversion Time Operations) applicable to Twins, Tris and Quads

FAA: ETOPS (Extended Operations) applicable to Twins, Tris and Quads

EASA: ETOPS (Extended Twin Operations) applicable to Twins only and LROPS (Long Range Operations) applicable to Tris and Quads

Tris and Quads must comply for 180+ mins and have certain exemptions under Revised regulation 14 CFR 121.161.

I thought it stood for "Extended range Twin engine Operational Performance Standards".

Don't know where I read that!

Jimmy Nestor

Well anyhow lets see some cockpit screenies please...

spacer.png

Actually ETOPS does not apply to Twin engine aircraft only. ETOPS is Extended Time Operations, and YES, ETOPS does apply to aircraft that have more than two engines. An operational example would be polar routes, and certain Asian and former USSR area routes, where even 747 operators need to abide by ETOPS operation limitations due to the scarcity of available diversion points. ETOPS applies to far more than only engines. Aspects such as fire suppression, pressurization,  and even passenger Oxygen come into play. Any thing that can lead to a required diversion is taken into consideration.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

In Europe (EASA) ETOPS stands for Extended Twin OPerationS rules applicable for the two engine aircraft. For the three and four engine aircraft the EASA uses LROPS that stands for Long Range OPerationS.

In the US (FAA) ETOPS stands for ExTended OPerationS, rules applicable for two, three and four Engines aircraft.

And than the rest of the world (ICAO) uses EDTO and that stands for Extended Diversion Time Operations. Applicable for two, three and four engine aircraft.

To keep it simple just use this. "ETOPS is Engines Turning Or People Swimming"

Mark

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900(ER) Ground Engineer.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer