Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

Weather Gauge Issue Active Sky Next

I have installed the gauges into my aircrafts and the X Gauge Installation wizzard tells me that they are installed.

However,when I press Shift 5 all I get is a blank black box where the weather info should be.

Could anyone possibly shed any light on this or anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Michael

Michael Broom

Is the gauge itself showing (i.e. just the inner screen is blank, but gauge and buttons are showing) or is the entire gauge missing?

Is this networked or single-computer installation?  

And confirm you are indeed pressing power button to turn it on, and avionics power is active (if the gauge is showing correctly?)

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Damian,

Many thanks for your reply.

When I press Shift 5 a black rectangular box appears with no buttons present or anything-just pure black space,and when I press Shift 5 again then it goes away.

I am on a single computer installation and according to X Gauge Installation wizzard the gauges are installed.

You mention about the Power button which I take it is one of the buttons on the gauge itself but obviously I cannot see that because of the blank black box.

You also mention the avionics power where do I activate that?

I look forward to your response and thanks in anticipation.

Michael

Michael Broom

Damian,

I thought that I would just add to my earlier comments to say that within my settings/controls within FSX Shift 5 is allocated to display/hide and I am wondering whether or not this should be deleted from my settings to accommodate the gauge function.

Please forgive me if the answer is obvious.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Michael

Michael Broom

Have you tried opening XGauge through fsx menus? Does it work this way?

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

I am going to assume this is a networked installation, and that the gauge files could not properly install themselves and/or there is a problem related to the shell environment AppData path in the registry (which XGauge requires in order to find the appropriate gauge imagery files).

Please open a support ticket (support.hifitechinc.com) and include your full log export (Tools, export logs) and we should be able to troubleshoot and fix this for you fairly quickly.  Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damien,

Does not work through FSX menus and in fact sends my mouse icon on the screen somewhat crazy.

The main map works fine in flight,just the gauge is the problem.

Do I need to delete Shift 5 in my FSX controls?

I shall open a support ticket.

Michael

Michael Broom

Hello!

I also have exactly the same problem.

Regards,

Curt Söderberg

Märsta, Sweden

Curt Söderberg
Märsta, Sweden (ESSA/ARN)