Sign in to follow this  
Kronzky

C-130 Variations

I am considering getting the C-130 All-in-one pack from CS, but I have a question before I spend any money (and since their forum  doesn't allow pre-sales questions, I'll have to do it here):

My main interest is the new J-model, which, in the real world is having shorter takeoff/landing capabilities, and, of course, a much higher top speed.

Are these performance differences modeled in the CS variation, or is it just optics?

On their site CS claims that it does have "improved performance", but from what I've read elsewhere is that the .CFG & .AIR files are pretty much identical in the regular and the J-model. I also asked somebody who does own the plane, to compare the files, and he confirmed that they're the same. (But perhaps he bought it before these tweaks were done, or missed an update.)

Does anybody here know about the 130J performance? Does it feel different from the regular model? Are the configuration files actually different, and can it do things the standard version cannot?

I am planning to use the plane for bush flying, so the improved STOL capabilities are crucial for me.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've never found any performance difference between the various models.

It should come up on sale in a week or so, at about $12.

Hmmm.... So I can't really trust their statement about a "flight model updated to represent the C-130J improved performance"?

In that case I'll definitely wait until their next sale...

Anything you know that I don't, regarding the next sale ("should come up on sale in a week or so")?

Did you perhaps get an upfront notification as a current customer? Or is that just based on their previous timings?

Bewaer that you risk getting NO support from CaptainSim if you buy their products...

Sign in to follow this