Sign in to follow this  
Manny

The best way (Manually) to install Orbx in P3D v2?

Rather than try to reinstall one by one..I simply changed the p3d scenery file and added the entries..e.g. PNW and the airports like KBVS etc.

But I am seeing a  strange anomaly..where the trees have building textures.. 

Any idea what is the best way to do this other that wait for Orbx for their reinstall program for  each of these sceneries?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I found Orbx highly incompatible on many fronts with v2..  Better to leave it alone.. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I've found ORBX North America regions to work quite well in P3Dv2 (installed via EMT), but the vast majority of my time has been focused on flying around in SAK.

The only NA region that offered any kind of problem of note was that the SAK ObjectFlow DLL crashes P3D.  I removed the DLL and it runs very well now (though, I presume, without ObjectFlow, but I don't hang out at the airports enough to notice that).

ORBX has some issues I believe. I tried to install KORS, and when it loads, I can see some of sillouettes of the buildings but when it is fully loaded, it only displays the default scenery. Really strange. At Jefferson, I cannot get the restuarant building to display, but all other objects seem to be OK including the flow technologies. I am sure it will get worked out with the correct installer. I used Estonia for install.

Bob

But I am seeing a strange anomaly..where the trees have building textures..

I also have the tree texture problem and I got them after installing the A2A C172. However, someone else already posted he had the problem with no addons at all. Switching resolution solves the problem during a session but not permanently.

Afaik you can also install everything by putting a fake FSX.exe in the Prepar3D folder and tell the registry where 'FSX' is using the Flight1 registry repair tool: http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exe This makes sure that whenever in installer looks for FSX, it will find it and point to the P3D folder. Easier than using symbolic links and cheaper than using a payware tool.

The ORBX airports are where the real problems are, from what I've read (I haven't installed any of them).

The ORBX regions seem to be generally OK.

Even though I have exactly followed the instructions on airdaiIyx, I also have the tree problem. Even switching resolutions back and forth does not help. I can see trees when the texture resolution is set to "very low" but when I switch back to "Ultra", the textures are broken again. So no way of flying PNW in Prepar3d v2... Too bad...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Another way to reset the tree textures is to save the flight then reload it, but again it is not 100% fails safe. I sure would like to see p3d release a fix for this right away as it is really getting to be a pain in the arse.

Bob

I simply renamed my c:\Prepar3d folder as c:\Microsoft Flight Simulator

Installed ORBX PNW.

Renamed the FSX folder back to c:\Prepar3d, and ran FTX Central.

All worked fine.

I found Orbx highly incompatible on many fronts with v2..  Better to leave it alone.. 

What makes you think this way?

Spirit

I understand the tree textures are nothing to do with Orbx directly, it's something to do with texture memory in your video card being overcommitted and is a P3D problem.

I have SAK working well in P3D, and PNW installed, to be tested.

Cheers

Keith

It has nothing to do with the VRAM being overcommitted. I run a GTX780 with 3Gb of memory and the memory is not even close to being fully used...

I have found that switching seasons helps in my case. When I switch from summer to winter, the trees are displayed correctly even with ultra high texture resolution. Strange...

P3D v2 is no more than in beta stage right now from what you can read across the internet. With us being the beta testers... From my point of view, even though it has great potential, it will take months to get a stable flight sim which can be an alternative to FSX. For now, it is just good for doing all this "Who gets the highest FPS?"-stuff kinda playing around...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I have SAK working well in P3D

Just curious...  Did you run into the same SAK ObjectFlow .DLL issue I mentioned?