Sign in to follow this  
Manny

The best way (Manually) to install Orbx in P3D v2?

FTX Global is P3D v2 ready but the ORBX regions are not...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

isnt FTX Global P3d ready??

The installer is but there are a few unexpected bugs. Clearly you can't simply install and FSX into P3D: the add-on itself has to be made compatible too.

Just curious...  Did you run into the same SAK ObjectFlow .DLL issue I mentioned? 

That's normal and going to happen every time the version number changes until Orbx makes v2 compatible versions.. Orbx made them self updating for 1.4 for people installing the FSX versions of their scenery via the migration tool/their own importer.. But v2 is such a drastic change all together it probably has no clue what's going on. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I just thought it was interesting that I installed all of the NA regions and SAK was the only one that P3Dv2 warned about (and the only one that crashes P3Dv2 if you tell it to load the .DLL anyway).

I just thought it was interesting that I installed all of the NA regions and SAK was the only one that P3Dv2 warned about (and the only one that crashes P3Dv2 if you tell it to load the .DLL anyway).

Hi RoboRay!!

Since you installed all of the NA regions, I need to know if you are missing the taxiways at KSEA?  I did 2 installs and both times the same result... No taxiways. I have taxiway lights but no pavement.

Bob

I haven't been there yet, but will go check tonight.

I haven't been there yet, but will go check tonight.

:good:

I am missing ground textures at KPAE and I have the tree texture issue as well.

I didn't run into any of this until reading this thread, so naturally I blame this thread, the OP and everyone who replied for breaking my install.  :P

I am missing ground textures at KPAE and I have the tree texture issue as well.

I didn't run into any of this until reading this thread, so naturally I blame this thread, the OP and everyone who replied for breaking my install.  :P

I have not gone to KPAE yet, but now I can't because you ruined it for. I was actually looking forward to going to KPAE.

Bob

I actually just went back and started a flight at KPAE and my issue was gone, textures were loaded fine. Perhaps it is the same type of intermittent issue as the trees?

The only thing KPAE is missing now is the hundreds of 787s currently parked there waiting for delivery. It is less of an airport and more of a parking lot at the moment!

I also went to KSEA and the taxiways are indeed missing. The lines are all there, but it is just all grass. Need to put tundra tires on the 737s I suppose.

So bottom line, ORBX PNW is *mostly* working for me, but you have to approach it with a real early adopter attitude until it is officially supported.

Interesting..  That's why I said earlier about saying Orbx stuff is highly incompatible..   There are a lot of unknowns and various reports from people about this, that, and the other thing..  Even my own observations.. KHQM's Gray Harbor and North Bay water was all weird and tiled in v2..  That was about my last experiment with P3Dv2 before I refunded (for other reasons).

In 1.4 I didn't mind going full bore with cross installs but v2 (imo) there is just too many unknown variables as the steps it took separating itself from FSX were MUCH larger than the FSX -> 1.4 jump was. 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

But I am seeing a  strange anomaly..where the trees have building textures..

I think LM are aware of this anomaly and the easy fix at the moment they suggest is when in the Sim change your texture size from what it is currently set at and then either use that or go back in to the sim and then back to settings to put it back to what you want.

They are working on it...

Dave

Hi RoboRay!!

Since you installed all of the NA regions, I need to know if you are missing the taxiways at KSEA?  I did 2 installs and both times the same result... No taxiways. I have taxiway lights but no pavement.

Hmm...  I get the same thing.

JILvC3g.png

I guess it's that taxiway flag in the scenery files that FSX always ignored, so a lot of people didn't use it.

Hmm...  I get the same thing.

JILvC3g.png

I guess it's that taxiway flag in the scenery files that FSX always ignored, so a lot of people didn't use it.

Yea, really strange. I wonder if the texture file is just not where it is supposed to be?

Bob

There's a flag that's supposed to be set in the scenery files for taxiways, in the SDK, but MS hasn't had any version of FS actually pay attention to that flag for several versions.  So, the scenery designers ignored it too, since FSX, FS9, etc. didn't actually use that flag.

P3Dv2 checks for that flag.  If it was left out, scenery with taxiways will need to be recompiled with that flag set.