Sign in to follow this  
xplanery

Active Sky Next Registry Access Problem

I just installed Active Sky upgrade version which I bought from PCaviator, I ran the installer as an admin as usual. Using Win 7 64 bit home with UAC off.

Whenever I launch the program I instantly get message "Registry Access problem".

This is what error log shows:

19:51:25:0067-Could not generate a Client ID + ex.Message

Reinstalling doesn't seem to fix it, I installed it to D:\Hifi

What now? 

/// Apparently this was caused by me having WMI service manually disabled due to some issues I had with FSX freezing before, now when I enabled it I managed to get rid of the problem with AS Next. 

Well I have the same problem and WMI is on. Still getting the error. Ticket opened but who knows how long till they answer. Meanwhile I sit and stew.

Eric 

Attach your logs here (or on hifi forums). If ASN can't start, they are at %appdata%\Roaming\Hifi\ASNFSX. At least one file starting with ASN_Log*.* (should be 2 by default). Thanks,

Kostas Terzides

ASN developer

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

12:57:13:0100-Verifying Active Sky Next for FSX License

12:57:13:0155-Client ID Error: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

12:57:16:0278-License Invalid - ASN Closing

I will post this as well in my support ticket.   Ticket ID: DWD-794-18534

By the way I have a valid installed copy of AS2012, hence the reason I bought the upgrade version.

Eric 

Hi Eric,

this error comes up when a COM object is not properly installed in the registry. Not sure which (can't tell from the log), but most possibly related to WMI once again. Does the Windows event viewer provide any more information?

Kostas Terzides

ASN developer

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Hi Eric,

this error comes up when a COM object is not properly installed in the registry. Not sure which (can't tell from the log), but most possibly related to WMI once again. Does the Windows event viewer provide any more information?

Kostas Terzides

ASN developer

WMI is started and does so automatically. The error pop up comes from your program. It is not a Windows error that comes up. What does a COM object have to do with this program?

Even though it appears (ASN) to install, I do not see anything for it in my dll.xml file. This is the case even though ASN created a back up to that file and renamed it. Here is the new one that is created (and take note there are no entries in it for ASN). I have FSX installed on another drive which is on the same computer.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Addon Manager</Name>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>

<Disabled>True</Disabled>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>

<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>VistaMare Core</Name>

<Path>D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ASE-Data</Name>

<Path>Aerosoft\ASE_DATA\AseData.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG Events</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG Sounds</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>

<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>

<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG Interface</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>PMDG Options</Name>

<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>RAASPRO</Name>

<Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSCopilot</Name>

<Path>Modules\FSCopilot.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Eric 

Hi Eric,

no entry is inserted because execution never reaches to this point. Let's concentrate on the error message (on your log). What it says is that a dll (if you don't like the term COM object) is not properly installed in the registry and this prevents proper licence check from ASN.

So can you please tell me if any more info is available in the Windows Event viewer? Otherwise my only advice for you would be to repair install .NET 2.0

Kostas Terzides

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Hi Eric,

no entry is inserted because execution never reaches to this point. Let's concentrate on the error message (on your log). What it says is that a dll (if you don't like the term COM object) is not properly installed in the registry and this prevents proper licence check from ASN.

So can you please tell me if any more info is available in the Windows Event viewer? Otherwise my only advice for you would be to repair install .NET 2.0

Kostas Terzides

Just spent time looking in the event viewer. Shows nothing for this error. Where and how do I go about repairing .net 2.0? Does ASN require net 2.0?

EDIT: In my Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework and Framework64 folders I see a folder in each named v2.0.50727. I am assuming that is the net 2.0 files. So what do I do now?

Eric 

Hi Eric,

Yes ASN requires .NET 2.0. However, .NET 2.0 is an integral part of Windows 7. So one easy check to see if anything is wrong is (in a cmd box with admin privileges):

sfc/scannow

If everything is ok from there, I have some more things to do next.

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Hi Eric,

Yes ASN requires .NET 2.0. However, .NET 2.0 is an integral part of Windows 7. So one easy check to see if anything is wrong is (in a cmd box with admin privileges):

sfc/scannow

If everything is ok from there, I have some more things to do next.

No integrity errors found. Also ran CC Cleaner and cleaned everything it found error-wise in the reg. Tried again and no luck. I am wondering if there is something wrong with the upgrade d/l .exe compared to the regular d/l exe. I have d/l 3 times from simmarket and each time get this registry access violation error on program start up.

Eric 

Sorry for the inconvenience. I think the best way to proceed here is to stick then to the support through the ticket. There, we'll have a chance to provide you (if needed )with an alternative executable (at least using some extended logging to figure out what exactly is going on here).

Thanks,

Kostas

PS: If you have time (and it's not too technical), can you take a look at these links?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/8ed26d46-9994-4052-a307-5b071805aea8/wmi-corrupt-how-to-reinstallrepair

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7078184/unable-to-get-wmi-object-via-getobjectwinmgmts

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Ok, I think I understand the first link:

. Disable and stop the WMI service.

sc config winmgmt start= disabled

net stop winmgmt

Is the above two separate cmd 's?

In the second link I don't understand the batch file process. I have been dealing with Dave on the support ticket but quite frankly it has not been much help. I reply and don't here anything back for hours. Please understand my frustration with this as I have waited a while for this and now today I finally could fly with it and it is not working.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Eric 

Yes these are 2 different commands. I understand about your frustration. You can see I am trying to help here as much as possible and I want to get to the bottom of this as much as you do.

If we can't figure this out this way, we may have to send you an altered "diagnostic" build, but in this case we have to wait for Damian.

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Ok, Thank you Word Not Allowed. I will wait a response.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Eric 

Just to confirm here this problem was resolved, related to WMI issues.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies